Author Topic: New CV alert?  (Read 386 times)

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
New CV alert?
« on: December 20, 2008, 11:45:11 AM »
well i know i havent played in awhile and wont be for another year or so thanks to college and crap but i thought about this in my offtime and it is something i would like to see,

When a person is able to Steer and command a CV Group i think that in the same panel as the buttons to control its heading and stuff are there should be a new button something like this:

::::::::::::::::::::::
: General Quarters :

That when AND ONLY WHEN there is a visible enemy within radar range of the ship the button can be pressed which inturn would send a Special color text over the chat in caps saying something like:

~CV*** GENERAL QUARTERS - MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS~

Anyway thats just my opinion as i think it would indeed save alot of ship from being sunk as it might actually catch someones attention as i know alot of people hate CAPS writers :).

Anyway have fun with the idea and see you on the fields hopefully within 7-8 months :(.

peace 68Dymo

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
Re: New CV alert?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »
well i know i havent played in awhile and wont be for another year or so thanks to college and crap but i thought about this in my offtime and it is something i would like to see,

When a person is able to Steer and command a CV Group i think that in the same panel as the buttons to control its heading and stuff are there should be a new button something like this:

: General Quarters :

That when AND ONLY WHEN there is a visible enemy within radar range of the ship the button can be pressed which inturn would send a Special color text over the chat in caps saying something like:

~CV*** GENERAL QUARTERS - MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS~

Anyway thats just my opinion as i think it would indeed save alot of ship from being sunk as it might actually catch someones attention as i know alot of people hate CAPS writers :).

Anyway have fun with the idea and see you on the fields hopefully within 7-8 months :(.

peace 68Dymo

Its really not a bad idea but the fact that some moron might be commanding the CV and pressing the button again and again and again in a matter of, oh say, 2 seconds is a horrible idea.

I dont think anyone needs this:
SYSTEM:GENERAL QUARTERS

Until the country chat is fully covered in stupidity of one person.

NO to this idea unless you can think of a way to make it anti-idiot device or Moronic Imbecile Proof.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:58:06 PM »
Well country changing has a time limit, could put the timer on how often you can click the "General Quarters" button.  Maybe only once per minute; if need be, once per minute per CV (so as to not allow 10 people hitting it).

May not be fully idiot proof, but it would be mostly.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »
exactly just put a flood limit on it say it can only be pressed 1 time every 45 Seconds for a MAX of 3 Times for one Commander.