Author Topic: Time for a new Furball Arena  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
Re: Time for a new Furball Arena
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »
Frankly I'd like to see the furballing area removed from the DA.  If that means shipping furballing off to its own little arena that is fine with me.  It's presence has redefined the concept of what the DA is for in the mind of newer players .  The sub-culture there is the antithesis of why the DA really exists.  

Hey, good point.. I play there often mostly for practice...I have another good idea...Get rid of the f-3 mode..Not because it effects me ,or that I think they get an advantage...I think 90% of the folks over there never make it to the MA because of it..I think when a new guy plays there for three months in f-3 mode it ruins there ability to compete in the MA...Then they get burnt on just the furball and ultimately quite the game...Just my opinion  :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 10:32:17 AM »
The ironic thing is that gsthntr and co. are supposed to be the mother geese here, protecting their precious friends and furball setup, when in fact it's players and groups of players like TAAF that really turned the tide of the DA lake, from a place where people didnt even engage without permission, into an intense but mostly lame moshpit.  Every player that predates TAAF comes back to the DA lake after years of absence and gets on vox asking people why they're butting in.. "What are you doing butting in and shooting over my shoulder; this is the DA!..." And TAAF type of players tell em not to make others play their game... Ask Agent360 what he thinks of the TAAF hassling him to no end... Kettle, pot..

With the new H2H there ought to be what gangers and tempest addicts want.. Once that's up and running there's no reason to keep derailing the DA. At the moment the fights are barely any good, anyway.

I agree here Moot...

Classic example was a few day ago when I logged on to rooks. I noticed a group of green right near our base composed of  mostly TAAF's. Every now and then a red would fly close and I have seen bees that didnt swarm as bad. A dozen or so reds are scattered over the entire furball lake and they are ganging one guy. On top of that they were in F4U-4s, F4U-1Cs, Spit IVXs, and a Tempest or two even. Then 5 or 6 of them land 3-4 kills each and think they are all that. Anyone of them is an easy kill if met in a equal situation and most are easy even at a disadvantage. I was fighting Spacy this morning only to get face shot even tho he knew I wouldnt take it. I asked why and was greeted with it was a deflection shot get over it. Sure it might have been high deflection but I had a good shot as well that I didnt take. So to see this and realize his part in one of the main squads that condone this behaivor is laughable. I wasnt around for H2H but I sure hope it comes back soon.....

Steel
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:37:20 AM by Steel »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »
My only gripe is the fact that a small action over the terraces - away from the grinder mid-pond - should be a little more respected. These are not arranged/formal duels per se, but rather an informal agreement that the parties don't want to participate in the grinder and yet want the variety of situations that occur in a more fluid environment.

By letting these small 1 v 1, 1 v 2, 2 v 2  occur over to the side, undisturbed by the hordemonkeys, all parties involved get a little more experience/fun.  What does anyone learn by jumping in to make a 1 v 2 a 1 v 3-4-5-6+? (not to be confused with the grinder)

When I'm heading towards the side, I'll often fly over an egagement (1 v 1 or 1 v 2)  below or off to the side a bit.  I could easily jump in for a pick... but i don't.  I let them have their fun and continue to head where i hope to find my own brand of fun.

I have no gripes about the grinder, that's a true free for all.  All you old AW vets who experienced "FighterTown" on the Big Pac maps should easily recognize furball lake for what it is.

This is why i'd like to see the bases a few more miles apart - the lemming trail to the grinder is so short and concentrated that it becomes difficult to find/make room for those little side actions.

So  if you see one of these small actions on the side - give them a little respect/room and if you want some of it, be patient and let it play out... then take your turn.  Coming in for a cheap pick/gang disrespects both your opponent and your friendlies.  So if I call you out on doing such a thing - please....  do take it personally.  :aok

I do see the DA gained from the H2H closing - which is fine by me, as these former freeloaders are now paying customers, and as such are entitled to their opinions/gameplay as much as anyone else.  However, they run the risk (just as in any arena) of being labled by other cliques.  What kind of label they get depends on how they earn it, for good or bad.

The DA is fine as it is - could it use a few design tweaks?  Sure, but it's up to the users to mold the "feel" of the are(n)a.

There will always be those stuck on suck and/or content with mediocrity.  I hope to find the ones who want to improve - which is why i try and play off to the side of the grinder.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
My thoughts exactly Shane....just a little respect for fighting would go along way.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 11:01:52 AM »
yep  :aok i have not ran into anyone that did not respect the others,ability to play away from the lake! but i have heard of it

VF-15 Satan's Playmates
FISH TACO'S   in the DA
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »
Ok I do not no if this will work but if it does this is the DA mentality these days... I asked this guy if he just wanted to duel 1 on 1 to settle our differences...I could not believe it  :rofl 

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
You gave him exactly what he feeds on: an audience. :uhoh
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 11:32:24 AM »
You gave him exactly what he feeds on: an audience. :uhoh
I just could not pass that up priceless   :noid

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 11:34:33 AM »
Peep the bottom line of the text buffer (but there are others).   If you're gonna announce a "screenie" and post it.  Make sure you spell your words right.    :rock

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »
Peep the bottom line of the text buffer (but there are others).   If you're gonna announce a "screenie" and post it.  Make sure you spell your words right.    :rock

well most of that took place as I was in a fight peep :aok  Easy there English teacher I'm 6-3 210 lbs and rich :rofl If you want to grade me let me email you a few things so you can get your kicks in private and not at my expense :rock

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 12:08:26 PM »
well most of that took place as I was in a fight peep :aok  Easy there English teacher I'm 6-3 210 lbs and rich :rofl If you want to grade me let me email you a few things so you can get your kicks in private and not at my expense :rock

Lighten up Francis.   You posted it, deal with it.   I have no problems typing and flying a cartoon airplane.   

No need to post A/S/L, btw, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.    :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 12:28:07 PM »
Lighten up Francis.   You posted it, deal with it.   I have no problems typing and flying a cartoon airplane.   

No need to post A/S/L, btw, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.    :aok
  :rofl I can barley type at all ,but I am getting better :aok I do not understand what A/S/L means though :o

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »
Rank should not be in the DA. DA is for fights and fun, adding rank you would increase picking.

Stats could be in the DA, that would be fine.

Move the bases a little farther apart.

50K crater wall around the are would be nice, keep out the 262's.

You want to make it a furball, 150+mph downdraft at 10k. (I dont think this is possible for just a region of map).

Squads hording in DA, im not a fan.  You can spread out to different countries and still have fun with equal sides.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
Does anybody else know what 6'3" 210 looks like?      :rofl

SKINNY! SKINNY! SKINNY!

I'm only 6ft, 220 and don't look big at all. 

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.