Author Topic: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z BIOS Boot settings  (Read 98 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z BIOS Boot settings
« on: April 30, 2024, 10:51:22 PM »
I have an Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard. Doesn't have a manual or disc, it was open box.

I have it up and running. It can see all 4 WD SATA hard drives in the RAID 10 array. But it gives the message that the boot settings are not correct. It has a Compatibility Support Module, and it says the settings don't fully support my boot device (the WD RAID 10 array).

The settings are Launch: CSM Auto, enabled, or disabled

Boot device control: UEFI and Legacy OpROM, Legacy OpROM only, or UEFI only

Boot from network devices: Legacy OpROM 1st, UEFI driver 1st, or Ignore

Boot from storage devices: Both, Legacy OpROM first, Both, UEFI first, Legacy OpROM first, UEFI driver first, or Ignore

Boot from PCIe/PCI Expansion Devices: Legavy OpROm first, or UEFI driver first

I notice that if I connect my two DVD burners to the 5th and 6th SATA ports, it apparently tries to boot from them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:02:01 PM by Captain Virgil Hilts »
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z BIOS Boot settings
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 02:35:29 AM »
In my last tinkered-together-contraption w/ MSI Z77MPower, I had similar booting order confusion. No experience with your mobo, but in Z77 one can manually change booting order via bios. I just put SSD w/ Win10 installation in 1st place, rebooted and it has worked fine since.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:56:36 AM »
I solved the boot issue.

Now I need to get the SATA RAID drivers into the Windows XP Pro installation. Unfortunately, the motherboard has no IDE connector, so you cannot make a floppy to install them from. I need to get XP Pro repaired so I can save the data from there HD's and then move forward. This is a temporary solution, until I can get a new tower, power supply, video card,and HD's to build a new rig.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:34:11 AM »
If you only need to save your files, all you need is a USB stick with some Linux like Mint. Boot from the stick and navigate to the XP disk and then save them to an external device.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni