Author Topic: Ehh  (Read 441 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Ehh
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »
Well, I usually dont have any problems when playing AH. But the last few days have been different. I've been having horrible lag. Also my FR have been jumping around ALOT. So I asked on 200, and did alot of what they said(Also what tripl5 said, thanks). Still no availe. I do run a dialup(bloody verizon) and never had troubles at all. I have alright RAM. So any help would be helpful. Thanks
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Ehh
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »
Windows automatic updater?
I believe it was MS Patch Tuesday this week.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
Saw something about an Update.

Any way I can get rid of it?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »
Shouldnt be a problem unless you are stuck amid downloading updates and are flying at the same time. ImADot are you trying to say he has a bad patch or something?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »
the internet is going to get laggy as we close on christmas....all those last minute shoppers, e-cards, not to mention Voip. It's going to cause bottle necks at hubs all over the country. Ping times are going to go up, and packet loss will start show up as well. If you haven't changed anything on your system, it is most likely the internet. Running a Dxdiag and posting the first third here will give some of the "tech" types to suggest if your computer might need a tweak or two. Another thing is to run PingPlotter to the game server for 15 minutes or so and post the results here. Again the "tech" types might be able to help.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »
the internet is going to get laggy as we close on christmas....all those last minute shoppers, e-cards, not to mention Voip. It's going to cause bottle necks at hubs all over the country. Ping times are going to go up, and packet loss will start show up as well. If you haven't changed anything on your system, it is most likely the internet. Running a Dxdiag and posting the first third here will give some of the "tech" types to suggest if your computer might need a tweak or two. Another thing is to run PingPlotter to the game server for 15 minutes or so and post the results here. Again the "tech" types might be able to help.

Here is a link to ping plotter. Try using ip addy 206.16.60.38 and let Ping Plotter run like Fugitve suggested.  Try it between 8pm and 10pm.

http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html
See Rule #6

Offline Coogan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 01:33:03 AM »
   I have dial-up here too fudgums, no other option with At&T.  I usually have around a 230 ping in-game.
I haven't been on in a while, but when I can, I'll let you know what I'm getting.  I'm in Michigan if that helps.

<S>
Coogan

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 06:44:02 AM »
   I have dial-up here too fudgums, no other option with At&T.  I usually have around a 230 ping in-game.
I haven't been on in a while, but when I can, I'll let you know what I'm getting.  I'm in Michigan if that helps.

<S>
Coogan

I go around 280s range. tripl5 said something about how people in michigan have to get ADSL or something.

Here is a link to ping plotter. Try using ip addy 206.16.60.38 and let Ping Plotter run like Fugitve suggested.  Try it between 8pm and 10pm.

http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Will do

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »
Shouldnt be a problem unless you are stuck amid downloading updates and are flying at the same time. ImADot are you trying to say he has a bad patch or something?
No, I'm saying Microsoft releases monthly security patches on the 2nd Tuesday each month.  If you've got Auto Updates turned on in Windows, you'll download those patches anytime you get online after they post the files.  I've had a couple of hiccups this past week myself.  And, as was said earlier, it's that time of year where everyone's online shopping, talking, etc.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals