Author Topic: x52 Hat switch problems  (Read 415 times)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
x52 Hat switch problems
« on: December 13, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »
When I go into map controllers and try to map the other two hat switches (one on throttle, one at very top of stick) they only show up as 4-way hats and not 8-way hats.  Is there a button or an option I forgot to click or check?

Also, I have heard several people say that they map the slider on their x52 throttle for zoom in/out (not the zoom toggle, I have that mapped elsewhere).  However when I click on slider, and try to map it, the pop-up box won't allow me to open the "View" options.  IIRC, it only allows "Global", but I'm not sure.  Any help would be appreciated.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: x52 Hat switch problems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:29:34 PM »
well the hat switches can only be turned into 8 ways by using the saitek software. but if you do that you will create all kinds of issues while running aces high. its best to keep them as 4 ways and program them only through ah. at least that is what i finally settled on doing when i was using an x-52. to many hours wasted trying to make it work the other way.

you can set the slider for your zoom, you have to set a button to toggle the zoom on and off first. when you map the slider you don't want view, it will give you an analog option. that is how you want to map it, through the view forward back in analog. then you need to remember that every time you calibrate your stick you must move the slider back and forth so that it calibrates as well.

hope my bad directions point you in the right direction

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:28 AM »
Use the Saitek SST software, it does much more than AH stick mapping although you will still need the AH stick mapping (as in for the zoom you want).  In SST select the POV switch you want to program and right click.  You'll get a drop down that'll let you select 8way and bands.  Then program the number key for each view.

Map the "Slider" in AH but don't try to map to views.  Map it to Analog Inputs --> Field of View.  Also, I've found that the "precision" slider is anything but.  It tends to jump around which can be irritating plus there is no center detent.  I use the throttle thumb rotary (shows up as X Rotation in AH).  This gives me a center detent for reference while I zoom in and out.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:21:29 PM »
Even tho they are 4 way you can make them have 8 way views....

Steel

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »
My setup is a hybrid of the SST software and AH keymapping. And I second what Mace said about the slider, it gets jumpy at certain locations but it hasn't irritated me to the point of remapping it yet as I usually have it full or back. Mapping it to the thumbwheel would be a good idea as it's not currently doing anything.  :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »
How amusing, a post that says don't use the SST software followed by a post that says, "use it!" :lol

Slider works better for me as fuel mixture (RPM).
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
i only say not to use the sst programing because that was the advise given to me in the past and it worked for me when i applied it to my system.

How amusing, a post that says don't use the SST software followed by a post that says, "use it!" :lol

Slider works better for me as fuel mixture (RPM).

so what is your input on the issue, is it better to use the sst programing or not?
do you use it or not?
and if you do how did you set up the hats for 8 ways instead of 4?

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:24 PM »
Sorry for being so abrupt to the issue at hand. No, I don't use the SST Programming software. I frankly think it's junk software that you can't get rid of (At least mine didn't come with an uninstall switch.)

I'm not that big on views since I typically dance the keyboard anyways, so I just use the main 8-way hat switch for plain looking around on the horizontal axis of the plane.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.