Author Topic: ITS THE ARADO!  (Read 4031 times)

Ice

ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Hey Hang....

I can see 10-12 Ponies huntin down that elite group of buffers and havin their way

Just more Pony Food, but a great effort by HTC...Hope you LW are happy, you finally got a new ride

Ice

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
Am happy.

Would prefer to get a non perked 190G8 though

<never satisfied>

heheh  

Great work HTC.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Nath-BDP

ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2001, 03:52:00 PM »
Why a G-8? You need 300 litre drop tanks on wings instead of bombs? :P

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
Notice no cockpit work done on the 234....  or it appears that way in the screenshots...
Hope that doesn't mean we are still 2 months away from introduction  

SKurj

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by Vermillion:
I would not expect to see very many of these babies caught by P-51's, unless the pilots are very very stupid  

Or the Mustang jock has saddled up in his P51-H   its faster than that crate!

Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2001, 05:15:00 PM »
can't wait to shoot that baby down.....

44MAG

LJK Raubvogel

ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by Creamo:
So much for the History Channel, and 10 books I have on WWII.

Never heard of that weird looking thing...and Im a WWII junky. Must be reading and watching popular channels, not the "Hard Core Nazi Network."

Yawn... What a weird addition.

The Stuka would have been more UN-timley?

Good thing I don't run a software company, Im lost.

The Stuka a perk bomber? Umm....ok..
btw-more Ar234's produced than Chogs. You just don't hear about them because they aren't Amurrican, and John Wayne never made a movie about em.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 01-25-2001).]

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Creamo, you've never seen an arado? hmm, must only watch the "Hitler channel" when Patton's on  
As for your books, Wtf? I'm not a collector of WWII reading material like some of our more distinguished members, but I know I have at least 15-16 books that mention the 234. And two of those aren't even aircraft books  

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
I never saw the post where it was introduced as a perk bomber. Matter fact, Superfly just posted pix like every other plane added as regular. Ummm, ok? (Granted, I might of missed something, Ill try to read the boards all day, but Id rather not.)

Anyhow, looks fun as hell to fly, and seems to be balanced. No fwd cannon, lighter bomb load.

As far as this being the "I should know that aircraft" Ive just loaded up "Great Fighting Machines of WWII" tape labelled "AXIS BOMBERS." I rarely watch it (AXIS BOMBERS?! yawn), and in fact the "Blitz" IS covered. The info here was VERY interesting.

For instance-

1. Total Built - 210

2. Entered Service July 1944

3. Pressurized Cockpit

4. Had no gear (needed the fuselage for fuel, so it took off from a droppable trolley) Strange.

Whats really cool it landed on a retractable SKID! Lol, one sorty, and then what?! You sit on the side of the runway tipped on yer wingtip?

5. The cannon were REMOTE CONTROL. Interesting how this will be modelled.

6. It had a EJECTION seat. Cant wait to blast these out of the sky. Will it be modelled?

7. They were so fuel thirsty, they were scrapped before fighting due to late war fuel shortage. (Except for very few Buldge missions)

I apologize that I was a bit disappointed there wasn't a Stuka in that picture, with a new patch to add the "War Siren" to the setup-sound-volume page. Yeah... that'd be the toejam.

TheWobble

ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2001, 01:45:00 AM »
Arado's DID have landing gear, only the first test ones used the detached wheels, all the ones used in actual combat DID have a tricycle gear.  This was due to the fact that they had to carry external ord.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-26-2001).]

BMF

ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2001, 01:49:00 AM »
This site says there was no ejection seat.
 http://vectorsite.tripod.com/avar234.html

what to believe?

The game I downloaded doesn't have this plane.

Anyone gonna tell me how to put pictures into posts?

------------------
Bare*Metal*Finish

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2001, 02:17:00 AM »
Well, the droppable trolley / landing skid was only used for the first prototypes in fear that a normal landing gear wouldn't hold the stress of high speed landing. Other sources state that the wings were too high and to thin for a normal wing-mounted landing gear, and the fuselage was to narrow to fit a landing gear into it.

- First prototypes V1 and V2 were finished winter 41/42, but had to wait until February 43 for the Jumo 004 A-0 engines. August 43 the V3 was completed, already with pressurized cabin and ejection seat. V4 same as V3, V5 with Jumo 004 B engines, last A-series type V7. V6 and V8 four-engined versions.

For the B-series the fuselage was widened and a retractable, fuselage mounted gear was built in, since the trolley/skid combo wasn't considered combat ready. First prototype V9 with improved Jumo 001 B-1 engines. V10, V12 and V14 were prototypes for a bomber version. V11, V15 and V17 used for testing BMW 003 engines, V13 had 4 BMW 003 engines.

First small B-0 series batch of 20 planes build and were mostly tested for operational flight/combat readyness tests in Rechlin.

B-1 series was the long range recon version, B-2 series the bomber version (the version that will be in AH).

There was also some C series 4-engined prototypes, C-3 the bomber version, C-4 the recon version.

Some C series prototypes were intended as night fighter testbeds, actually only a single B-1 was converted to nightfighter (it had a gondola with 2 MG 151/20), which supposedly managed to shoot down some british 4-engined night bombers in the winter of 44/45.

Az

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2001, 02:23:00 AM »
Good link BMF, seems like one guy watches a video and it says one thing matter of factual, one reads a webpage and assumes it's Gods word. Then we make assumptions from there I guess.

One thing is very clear, this is one weird no impact on anything plane that till yesterday never heard of, and still care as much about today.

Oh, if ya want to post pictures, just read how via the *UBB CODE IS ON link in the left margin in the reply fields.

TheWobble

ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2001, 02:30:00 AM »
Y Azazel, but it said at the smisthsonian sight that all of the ones that ever saw combat did have landing gear, the skids were only in prototype stage,  Im assuming the one in AH does have gear, if not thats a BIG mistake.

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
ITS THE ARADO!
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2001, 02:45:00 AM »
That's exactly what I said Wobble. The A series was prototype only, the B series and all others had a landing gear. The version in AH is a B-2.

Az