Author Topic: Movie Maker Help  (Read 467 times)

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
Movie Maker Help
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »
Let me start off with a !@#$!@#%  :furious  :furious

I've been trying to put some film together for a while now.  Read everyones previous posts here and have a pretty good idea of how to capture, setup shots and etc.  What I've been having trouble with is the darn WMM.  When I view the clip in the preview screen (yellow circle) the quality is great and the clip runs with no problems.  The problem comes when I decided to use the clip I just viewed by selecting it out of the collection then dragging it into the movie storyboard.  Once its on the storyboard the clip is ruined and almost not viewable immediately.  I think this has to be a simple fix but I don't know were to start. anyone else have this problem?

ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Movie Maker Help
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
The preview pane in WMM is a low-quality version for playback speed to test your movie.  You can drag your panes to make the preview pane larger, which gives a little better quality, but it's still a preview of the film.  Once you actually create the final movie file, it will be fine.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:45:28 PM »
I'm not terrible familiar with WMM and I've only used it a couple times and that was years ago.  What are the project settings you are using?  I.e, resolution, bitrate etc
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
PAL 16:9 (only settings i could find...)

I've made a video using stills before and it turned out very distorted and my attempt at an AH2 video is showing the characteristics while in progress.  I don't want to put a lot of time into it if its going to be such low quality. 

Thanks for your replies!
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »
hmm, that's odd.  Are you in Europe?  Maybe something's wrong with your install of WMM or you need to find some other video codecs to install.  I can't be of much help here, as I've have good luck with just using it without any hassles *knocks on wood*.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:32:51 AM »
PAL is really only used in Europe and abroad.  So if you are a Euro, PAL is fine.  But everyone in the states uses NTSC.  When you're selecting output settings, try selecting qualities such as "Computer Playback" or "LAN" as these will offer video bitrates of high quality.  If you are from North America and are trying the PAL setting, you are probably running into problems based off of that your camcorder records in NTSC.  PAL uses a different frame rate (higher) than NTSC (along with some other settings).  So you may be encountering problems with this improper conversion.

It doesn't hurt to google come WMM tutorials.  I know microsoft has a site dedicated on how to use it, rather than getting half answers from people on here.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:05:49 AM »

I will select NTSC and see what happens.  I did pull up some WMM help sites that went into A LOT of detail regarding the filters used and some of the strange things that happen to the video once it is placed in the storyline.  Seems that I wasn't the only one with problems and I do not see a fix for it... Hopefully changing from PAL to NTSC will help and I can post it.  Thanks again for the help and Merry Christmas.

jappa
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:49:21 PM »
Ok here is a rough draft of the movie… quality is still really bad I am going to change a few shots but for a first timer I’m pleased. Any ideas to improving the quality of recording and video shots are welcome…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UowZlJPbRo
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP