Author Topic: Multiple gunners on bombers  (Read 750 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Multiple gunners on bombers
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
I'd go for 1 gunner and pilot.  Otherwise, the "slave" system works well enough.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
You also had Sgt Otto sitting in the back with his laser beams of death. I prefer 1 gunner, thanks.  :D

Yeah, I think the otto whines were even better than the whines I've seen in AH.  From what I can remember, however, a skilled gunner here in AH is a better shot than otto.  Everything changed when otto was limited to firing short bursts instead of holding the trigger down and could no longer fire under g forces of ~2.5-3.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 06:30:34 AM »
I can still remember Otto the tail gunner position on a B-25J PKing me from 1.5K out and about 1,000' down with a single hit. Right through the forehead in a 109G6R6 in the WWII arena.

There were many gunners in the game better than Otto (anyone remember MitchH?) but nobody had his magical ability to PK you or rip you in half with the first round.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.