Author Topic: New ship gunnery modes are....  (Read 102 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
New ship gunnery modes are....
« on: June 14, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
a BLAST!!!

Nice addition to the game.  Really makes the ships' guns a formidable weapon.  Even seems more <cough> realistic.

WTG HTC!
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2001, 03:18:00 PM »
Popeye
Can you explain the differences?
thanks
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
The new ship gunnery models are very interesting and useful but put a tremendous burden on my PII-400.  Frame rates drop from mid 30's to 15 or lower with the land or sea gunnery modes engaged.  This is especially so when the aim point approaches max range.

MiG

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »
Oh Mig! You missed a great Naval battle yesterday at A45, two CV's within 500 yards of each other, first, the Knit TF group loses her Battle wagon (Well, not really, a Cruiser..) out front, then, seconds later, the Rook Big Girl goes down, now its between CV's and destroyers...tracers everywhere, PT boats spawning, I finally get a nice pattern laid out and BANG down goes the enemy CV, all the while Rook planes are upping A45 to try to sink the Knit CV...after the Rook CV goes down, the Destroyers are still gimping out small cal. fire...eventually it was a slaughter, with the loss of a Cruiser for Knits, and the eventual capture of A45....man, this was exciting!