Author Topic: poor ava  (Read 3619 times)

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
Re: poor ava
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »
Agreed, Last night out of charactor for AvA. Even the fighting style of many changed. Not for the better.
Hopefully it was just a one day thing.
<S> All
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2008, 05:56:01 PM »
Agreed, Last night out of charactor for AvA. Even the fighting style of many changed. Not for the better.
Hopefully it was just a one day thing.
<S> All
I disagree... the fighting style had changed for the better and there were some really good fights on Christmas Eve.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »
I disagree... the fighting style had changed for the better and there were some really good fights on Christmas Eve.

I double dog disagree lol

I'd never been vulched so many times in my life.  Not to mention the mindless vox banter.  This is a direct quote: "Dude, these guys so couldn't cut it in the MA's."  "Dude I know, they just can't hang man"

It's to be expected as newer folk trickle in.  And my usual disclaimer applies  "You all pay 15 bux a month, you can fly however you want, whenver you want, in whatever you want, it's your prerogative."  Just so no one think I'm trying to lay down any official rules or something.  It's just that in the AvA, vulches are generally rare and usually only happen after Person A has really hacked off Person B.

One thing that was odd that night is JG-54 was solely Allied and all the Allied squads were flying Axis.  Was like bizzaro world...
P-47 pilot

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2008, 09:04:40 PM »
I double dog disagree lol

I'd never been vulched so many times in my life.  Not to mention the mindless vox banter.  This is a direct quote: "Dude, these guys so couldn't cut it in the MA's."  "Dude I know, they just can't hang man"

I never said the second quote. it was the same person.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
I don't think I heard you say anything like that on vox Fudgums, but I don't really remember who was saying what to whom, because right after I heard that on range I decided I was finished for the night lol 
P-47 pilot

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
I don't think I heard you say anything like that on vox Fudgums, but I don't really remember who was saying what to whom, because right after I heard that on range I decided I was finished for the night lol 

Lol. it may of been the same conversation though. thats why  ;)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
 :o
I saw a lot of smack talk going down on 200 that kind of turned my opinion of a few pilots.  Pretty sure I added my two cents when the HO'ing vulching started at 66 (65?)...  Still had some good fights in that P40E

I guess what I'm saying in a round about way is we all need to quit dwelling on the past in AvA and start with the here, now and foreseeable future.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline 1azbaer

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2008, 11:45:36 PM »
Sure there are times the game play less then civil most of the time it is.
But Oh My Gawd all this commotion over cartoon planes and tanks!  You could always turn off  200, if some is getting to you (Just a suggestion I am not telling anyone on how to play a game) but if your that worked up over a player who is never coming back, and from what I understand is banned for life, maybe its time for you to take a break and turn the game off.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2008, 12:38:09 AM »
No I don't, those two squads were a breath of fresh air to this cess pool.
It's apparent you're either ignorant or trolling. Personally I don't think you're clever enough to troll.
Or maybe they just threaten your little kingdom that's why you feel the need to bash them constantly.

You're sure not clever  enough to change for the good of the arena.
You talk the talk with your little code of ethics post, but your post above is proof you don't mean any of it. Maybe you just do it for the attention.
You can always feel the love on these forums. :)

I rarely fly in  AVA on tuesdays, seems almost like a third MA with the increase of new people to the arena.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:39:42 AM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2008, 02:21:53 AM »
WTF you on Lowe???  Jumping OM's toejam is just out of line.  While the majority of the staff has been dealing with RL issues (me included), OM and Soda have been doing the lion's share of keeping this arena alive....hell, they're the only reason right now the arena is still around.

I really don't give two toejams what issue you might have had with OM in the past, but get the diddly over it.  The past year has seen the staff attempt several different things to try and make the majority happy....some have worked, some haven't.  The one thing the staff has always done, and will continue to do, is listen to the opinions and suggestions of those who fly in the AvA.  Unfortunately, as the old saying goes...opinions are like amazinhunks...everyone's got one.  Some we can take and try to do something with...others are just better left forgotten.

<shakes head in wonderment>

(Disclaimer) Anyone...and I mean that, anyone, who would like to submit an application (takes nothing more than an initial PM to one of the current staffers) to become an AvA Staffer, then please do so.  If you think you can help us out, then lets hear from you.  So many times we get folks who like to "suggest" how things should be run in the AvA, but then when they get asked to help make it happen, they either mysteriously disappear, or suddenly don't have the time....

things that make ya do hmmm.

Duke

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2008, 06:16:04 AM »
Can I be a staff member?

I like long walks on the beach, horseback riding, and giving romantic foot massages. Whats not to like. :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2008, 07:30:36 AM »
Can I be a staff member?

I like long walks on the beach, horseback riding, and giving romantic foot massages. Whats not to like. :D

There goes the Neighborhood

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2008, 08:18:08 AM »
WTF you on Lowe???  Jumping OM's stump is just out of line.  While the majority of the staff has been dealing with RL issues (me included), OM and Soda have been doing the lion's share of keeping this arena alive....hell, they're the only reason right now the arena is still around.

I really don't give two stumps what issue you might have had with OM in the past, but get the twittle over it.  The past year has seen the staff attempt several different things to try and make the majority happy....some have worked, some haven't.  The one thing the staff has always done, and will continue to do, is listen to the opinions and suggestions of those who fly in the AvA.  Unfortunately, as the old saying goes...opinions are like amazinhunks...everyone's got one.  Some we can take and try to do something with...others are just better left forgotten.

<shakes head in wonderment>

(Disclaimer) Anyone...and I mean that, anyone, who would like to submit an application (takes nothing more than an initial PM to one of the current staffers) to become an AvA Staffer, then please do so.  If you think you can help us out, then lets hear from you.  So many times we get folks who like to "suggest" how things should be run in the AvA, but then when they get asked to help make it happen, they either mysteriously disappear, or suddenly don't have the time....

things that make ya do hmmm.

Sheesh the pounding you take when you dare to question the sacred cow.
I'm not saying OM is a bad guy or he mooned the queen, keep your freakin shirt on.
He's a big boy and can fight his own fights.
We're exchanging PMs so you guys can call off the gangbang.
I can say in typical OM style he's respond with a much cooler head than those of you in his flock.

I don't agree with your disclaimer Duke.
In past years I've approached staff members about consideration and never heard a peep back.
The keys have been in the same peoples hands for years, and for years we go around and around the same old track.
I've tried in the past to give ideas, not that mine are any better than any posed by others. However I have yet to see them tried or given any consideration. Pretty much like volunteering for the staff.
Maybe there's no good answer and maybe there never will be.
It looks like trying to get to the bottom of it is out of the question though.
So this was a wasted effort.
The reason for a small amount of people in the AVA is simple.
You only make it appeal to a small amount of people, the very same people week after week.

It looks as if some new people came in Christmas eve and what happens?
The regulars are already complaining about how the new people flew and fought.
So it appears to me... Again this is my opinion. That the few people that fly in the AVA don't want new people.
They just want to say they want new people.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2008, 08:32:30 AM »
There goes the Neighborhood

.eject fudgums   :aok
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2008, 08:48:29 AM »
Shifty, Man you really need to get a clue on whats been going on in the AvA lately. You must participate in the arena to see who has been in there in the last month and who was in there on Christmas Eve. All regulars. Thats what made is such an odd evening. I know you had a past in here, but all I know is what I have seen since Ive been participating. Not under anyones wing or in a "Flock", just enjoy flying with the AvA community.

Seems like many throw rocks in a house of glass.
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek