Author Topic: Score review and consistency  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Score review and consistency
« on: May 01, 2000, 02:21:00 PM »
Here are my overall scores since the start of open beta:
Beta Tour 1 = Yeager #32
Beta Tour 2 = Yeager #28
Beta Tour 3 = Yeager #107

Tour 1 = Yeager #55
Tour 2 = Yeager #28
Tour 3 = Yeager #111

Scores are not important to me.  I know if Im doing well or poorly without looking at the score.  Still, I enjoy looking at them and found this review of my overall score since day 1 of open beta interesting.  

I must say that the many members of AH are definately skillful and aggressive.  You are all a pleasure to associate with.

I salute you all.

Yeager <S>

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 05-01-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2000, 03:07:00 PM »
Yeager,
Let's do Hooters Friday nite with the WB con go'ers.  ALot of old flying farts will be there.  Call me at 425-477-4756.

Appears that Hedu lives in the south end near me, we may be pooling up there together.  I can be Designated Driver since 1 beer is my limit before I start to tear heads off of doormen.  

(Psst...capture a few bases with a goonie, overall score goes  Waaaaay up)

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-01-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
I personally dont like Scores, because I think they are porked. I am a dedicated Fighter pilot, and the fact that you need to go in buffs and C47s too to be high in scores make them useless to me.

I do give credit to 3 scores,tho.
-The general fighter scores (I've been #10 this TOD, but a couple of weekends I was out from town and then it went down to ~#45 or so   )

-The % of sorties landed. When I see a guy that has an impressive score and lands only a 10% of sorties then I regard him as a nintendo player...a good one but not a winner   (I respect all ways of flying, so dont be upset by this. Only my concept of what is a succesfull sortie differs from others' one. That's all)

-and, finally the K/D ratio. This is important for me, too.

Seeing these 3 numbers you can see who is a good fighter pilot and who isnt.

IMHO, of course  

------------------
Ram, out

Fw190D9? Ta152H1? The truth is out there
JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-01-2000).]

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2000, 04:00:00 PM »
Same here RAM ... K/D and sorties landed..

and yea .. Scores should finaly be seperated or JABO beig counted onto the overall rank (i've done some and it seems to count nada..)

Fighter Score for the fighters and Bombers for the bombers .. not sorted by overall rank !

[This message has been edited by Duckwing6 (edited 05-01-2000).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2000, 04:07:00 PM »
Everything is perspective...

It's often said that not one inch of ground can be taken by airpower alone.. it takes the infantry to get it and keep it.

Here in AH I try to do what I can to keep and expand the bish holdings... and in AH the equivelant of infantry is the Goon and the Buff; and now the tanks.

Fighting in AH with this type of perspective; you tend to pork your fighter score. One of these days; I'll fly a tour with only fighter scores in mind; but I suspect I'll have a lot less fun.  

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

funked

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2000, 04:13:00 PM »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2000, 08:31:00 PM »
nice showing yeager.
new map warped things a bit for you as well eh....

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2000, 10:32:00 AM »
Hiyas Yeag!

Cyas Up!

Rude Out!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2000, 02:10:00 PM »
Since I drive mostly tanks now score means nothing.

Not fair to have to drive another 1/2 hour to an hour just to keep from ditching.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2000, 03:56:00 PM »
Hang:  The problem is that even IF you fly with only Fighter score in mind it counts for crapula .. i'm still ranking 200 sth and i'm not THAT bad ..

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2000, 01:06:00 AM »
"and now, a moment for us..."  
I have a pretty good score for tour 3 let me tell you how I did it.

Citabria has 459 kills and has been killed 60 times in the P-38L.

yet during the first few weeks I flew nothing but fighters and was ranked 80 or so.

then I got bored of the fighter scene one night and went on a buffing spree and had a lot of fun doing that and gooning. next day I checked the score and was ranked #1 after just 1 night of flying heavies.

I don't think the scoring is porked so to say now that I have a better understanding of how its designed to encourage players to fly the buffs and the goons or have a poor ranking.

I know you have to have a good score in most categories for fighter and bomber but I'm not certain any single one is more important than the whole picture.

but although I have a little better understanding of how it works, it is still...

a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

------------------
"There are no born fighter pilots. Some are a little better than others, thats about it. But I would say time, training, training, training and more training are the key... to any success."  -Francis Gabreski

Citabria
=357th Pony Express=
Fester was my in game name until September 2013