Author Topic: Films...  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: Films...
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »
never thought stick stirrin was good reversal

I unloaded the airplane for speed after a short left break when I saw the bandit in guns range because I expected I would need corner velocity and some really high G. (If I lived through the guns pass) As it turns out I didn't need the speed, I needed to decelerate. I went zero throttle and nose high and the bandit almost immediately went past my 3-9 in a right turn. I was thinking the bandit would continue the right turn. I was planning to continue my nose high right turn into a high yo yo when the bandit reversed his turn and broke left across my guns. I just kicked some top rudder to get the boresite above the bandit's extended velocity vector and squeezed the trigger.

The bandit could have easily controlled the situation by going nose high instead of hard right when he recognized the rapid closure. The flat turn put me on the bandit's belly side, out of sight and did nothing to slow the bandit's horizontal motion.

My favored technique against a flat scissoring bandit and rapid closure is to go nose high and roll 180 to put my lift vector on the bandit's line of travel and then  pull for another saddle if he is staying with the flat turn.

The following is a demonstration of the technique.

Flat Scissor counter

As for Fudgums being the bookend victims in that short film thats mainly a product of the fields being 50 feet apart in that terrain. I certainly wasn't choosing who I was shooting at.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »

I unloaded the airplane for speed after a short left break when I saw the bandit in guns range because I expected I would need corner velocity and some really high G. (If I lived through the guns pass) As it turns out I didn't need the speed, I needed to decelerate. I went zero throttle and nose high and the bandit almost immediately went past my 3-9 in a right turn. I was thinking the bandit would continue the right turn. I was planning to continue my nose high right turn into a high yo yo when the bandit reversed his turn and broke left across my guns. I just kicked some top rudder to get the boresite above the bandit's extended velocity vector and squeezed the trigger.

The bandit could have easily controlled the situation by going nose high instead of hard right when he recognized the rapid closure. The flat turn put me on the bandit's belly side, out of sight and did nothing to slow the bandit's horizontal motion.

My favored technique against a flat scissoring bandit and rapid closure is to go nose high and roll 180 to put my lift vector on the bandit's line of travel and then  pull for another saddle if he is staying with the flat turn.

The following is a demonstration of the technique.

Flat Scissor counter

As for Fudgums being the bookend victims in that short film thats mainly a product of the fields being 50 feet apart in that terrain. I certainly wasn't choosing who I was shooting at.

:lol  Very Big Yawn
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »

:lol  Very Big Yawn

That's a large part of the reason you are getting killed so easily. When you die you deflect the reason away from yourself. Once you approach this game with the attitude that every death is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes success becomes a lot easier.

I know for a fact I am not anywhere near the best stick in this game. There are at least a hundred guys that can beat me over and over. But I do know how to analyze a fight and find my mistakes and correct them. And I also know EVERY time I die its because I made a mistake.

but you aren't interested so I won't make the mistake of offering my insight again.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 06:18:24 PM »
That's a large part of the reason you are getting killed so easily. When you die you deflect the reason away from yourself. Once you approach this game with the attitude that every death is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes success becomes a lot easier.

I know for a fact I am not anywhere near the best stick in this game. There are at least a hundred guys that can beat me over and over. But I do know how to analyze a fight and find my mistakes and correct them. And I also know EVERY time I die its because I made a mistake.

but you aren't interested so I won't make the mistake of offering my insight again.

:huh

I die when I dont try lol. Which is very often.

When I go all out. I get kills.

but thanks for telling me

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »
Here's one from earlier bombing a town.

"Stickin' it to the Motherland"

"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »
Here's some from a while ago, enjoy

Tony v. Lightning

In case you didn't know...

26 v. 67  :rofl

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 11:13:22 PM »
 :O  DUDE tell me that isn't a real in game gunsight!
 :noid
...but you aren't interested so I won't make the mistake of offering my insight again.
  :huh
B-bu-but what about me?  I care.
 :cry
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 06:39:31 AM »
Once you approach this game with the attitude that every death is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes success becomes a lot easier.

I should be a genius by now then.  :P

Actually post like this are useful to gain information. I wish I knew who the P-51 was I fought several times Tuesday night. He did everything wrong on the initial merge leaving me with an alt and energy advantage with his flat turns. However I managed to squander this advantage three times getting myself whacked.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »
b4b
is that red laser dot ur real gunsight?
If so can u post it pls?
thanks

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 07:56:50 AM »
On page 2 of this old post I have some screenshots of the first Midway set-up with the new map.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,222736.15.html
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 08:32:04 AM »
.... I wish I knew who the P-51 was I fought several times Tuesday night.
*you are.  ;)

**That would be Tankman, or one other pony driver who I don't recall.  Most likely Tank, since I only saw him down low a lot...  Well rarely up around 8k.
 :noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
Yup it's a real gunshight. I'll give you the link to it on the BBS

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,255156.0.html

Scroll a few posts down to usranger's link to gunsights. He has a crap load of them. This one's in the Default folder. It's titled "n00b sight"

You need a RAR file downloader to download the sights but that's easy to download its-self
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:00:26 AM by B4Buster »

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »
:O  DUDE tell me that isn't a real in game gunsight!
 :noid  :huh
B-bu-but what about me?  I care.
 :cry

Next time we fight Odee I'll review the film and let you know how you could have killed me even faster than you did.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »

Actually post like this are useful to gain information. I wish I knew who the P-51 was I fought several times Tuesday night. He did everything wrong on the initial merge leaving me with an alt and energy advantage with his flat turns. However I managed to squander this advantage three times getting myself whacked.

I've reached the point where the reflexes no longer keep up with the available information. There are a bunch of hot sticks in the game with lightning reflexes that I just can't beat even if I fly a mistake free fight. Just too slow. As I said in an earlier post I used to be better. Of course, I used to actually practice daily some very specific drills and got lots of 1 v 1 in as a trainer.

I'm just an average stick now but I know exactly why I died every single time :)

I still enjoy training but don't do much anymore. I miss that part of the online experience. Thats where the real 1 v 1 fights are. Two guys that truly just put the ego aside and fight 1 v 1 in the same airplane and honestly assess the end result. I have a few hundred training films like that just from my short time in this game. I wish I had film from the other game to review when I feel nostalgic  :cry

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »
A couple more films from the AvA.

C205 Sortie with bomber attack
190A5 sortie