Author Topic: I like to furball  (Read 3686 times)

lazs

I like to furball
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
sw said...
"
                    Lazs, I've read your posts and you have a nack for taking things someone says and
                    completely rearranging to something else."
--------------------------------------

thank you but it's not really that hard and... not applicable in your case anyway since you are so transparent in your desires.
------------------------------------------

"I said nothing along the lines of realism. Simply, how can you furball when you don't have
                    any bases? You can't, that's not a furball that's base defense."

duh.... The map resets when you don't have any bases... Anyone here ever try to log on and find that they don't have any bases?   I fly the green ones and have never had less than 3-4 to choose from.
-------------------------------------------

Flying formation is too difficult and has no practical sense in the MA.

Ah.... no sense doing what is "too difficult" if you don't like it eh?  "makes no practical sense"????? You mean like taking bases in order to...... reset???  thought the "rulebook" said that this is a WWII air combat simulation?  If it is then how can you simulate WWII combat if you leave out the most important factors?  
--------------------------------------------

I'm not as you say "amish", I never said you couldn't have your fun. Did I? No, I said you
                    can have your fun but you can still help the team. The fact of the matter is lazs you are
                    NOT a team player. And using your life as an excuse doesn't work here.

Hmm... this is a bizzare one... I can have my fun so long as I do it your way?   I am not a team player so that is bad?   Letting your life interfer or even modify the way you play a friggin' GAME is bad??  Sheesh I belong to a squad and I help them all the time.   Even let those poor talentless dweebs drex and hooligan steal my kills in order to pad their scores.   How much more teamwork ya want?   A barn raising at the farm?

My life is full of stuff to do. I'm never online during the weekends or week nights. Maybe
                    1 hour each weekday during the afternoon. I still somehow manage to contribute to the
                    team.
well.... You amish do like to suffer but.... don't do it for me cause I don't give a toejam.

The part that doesn't make sense to you lazs, must be that word team. You simply don't
                    like participating on one. Fine, but why are you playing a game based around team play
                    when you don't want to be involved in it? Or is it you just don't like doing things for other
                    people?

-SW

Ok, looked at the AH rulebook and can't find a thing in their about being on a team.   Can't even find the word team... can't even find the rulebook....   As for me... Thank you for your deep analysis but... Maybe you should talk to some of my squaddies or even countrymen.   I call six (when i can type fast enough which aint often)...  I shoot red guys... I shoot red guys that are picking on green guys... Guess what?   nobody in our squad has ever even mentioned the word "teamwork".   The words "where's the action" and "where are you guys"  are mentioned every single night along with "good fight at ***".

Field capture is a wonderful thing.   I like killing guys who try it when the numbers are close.   I like vultching guys that are defending a field.   I will even help kill the ack if that is what my squaddies want.

This is an air combat sim.   I want to see how the FM/weapons of WWII fighter planes stacked up against each other.  I want to see how I do also.   U want something else.   What you want annoys me to no end as you Amish tend to screw up the action regularly by taking close bases or killing the CV.... If you love strat so much why aren't you killing the useless back fields first?   I think you just want to spoil peoples fun.   Same goes for buff pilots who suicide run to close fields.  
lazs

IP: Lo

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
I like to furball
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
MISSION UP!! FAST ATTACK!

Find laz's home field; reduce it to rubble. Repeat. Objective; reset laz!

I like Fighter Island too.. Poroviso; limited A/C; no buffs, no buff hangers. Limited fuel for fighters on Fighter Island and locate island far enuff away from strat objectives that a/c from that island cannot interfere with Strat gaming. Set Arena so that people entering the arena (2 weeekers in particular) are deposited on that island when they log in.

Anbody know how to make a dead baby float?

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
I like to furball
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
It's about yelling, not different flying styles.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
I like to furball
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
People in this game EXPECT other countrymates to help them?

That is something I did not know, and could never have suspected...in AW nobody ASSUMES people on the same team will help out.

The general idea is if you get yourself into a bad situation, then get yourself out.  Don't expect your countrymates to die for you because you couldn't avoid a bad situation.  And never expect a countrymate who isn't a squadmate to drop what he's doing because you want him to.

Perhaps that same idea would apply well to AH--if someone helps out that's good, but there's no OBLIGATION to help.  Anything that doesn't involve cheating is fair game and acceptable--even if you invividually don't agree with it.

This means you need to take care of yourself and not rely upon others.  If you clear someones tail, don't automatically assume he will do it for you.  Do whatever you want to, but don't assume others will do what you want them to do.  

The MA is a free-for-all environment with three teams.  I know that it is frustrating when someone totally ignores your goals, but not everybody has the same intrests in the game.  As long as the game allows different playing styles, then this debate will happen.

J_A_B

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
I like to furball
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
... glass of root beer; two scoops dead baby.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

lazs

I like to furball
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »
hang come down and get me.   I am quite easy to find.   Reset the green field i am at.  you will just add to the furball.  

I am the designated dragger for our squad in any case so I'm sure my squaddies will appreciate your "efforts" to punish mean ol lazs who just won't help the amish with their barn raising.
lazs