Author Topic: New Arena  (Read 383 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New Arena
« on: January 06, 2009, 12:44:56 AM »
Not exactly a new arena but a upgraded DA, I think the lag in the DA causes some of the furballers not to enter it but If there was a better map that possibly had skill limit to enter it I think that would be cool too, there would always be good clean fights because I know most of the truely good sticks dont HO or gang. Just a thought I dont know how to make maps so it probably wont happen IDK venting gangs and hos :rock :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
Re: New Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:44:38 AM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh
Not exactly a new arena but a upgraded DA, I think the lag in the DA causes some of the furballers not to enter it but If there was a better map that possibly had skill limit to enter it I think that would be cool too, there would always be good clean fights because I know most of the truely good sticks dont HO or gang. Just a thought I dont know how to make maps so it probably wont happen IDK venting gangs and hos :rock :salute
a skill limit? now how whould the arena tell what kind of skill you have?
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Online waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:47:52 AM »

Oh, Junky my young Pig-o-wan.  I understand your noble idea, but the unfortunate thing is that everybody gang's and Ho's at some time.  Some are just more honest about than others.  A skill limit?  How in the heck could you possibly decide who has skills at the appropriate level?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »
It would be easy code....... But why would you really want that?
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh a skill limit? now how whould the arena tell what kind of skill you have?

Based on player rank the code would not allow anyone above a set rank in.  So call it only the top 500 scores could get in.  The hard part would be new tours..... And not only that but also what about if JunkyII doesnt enter the DA until week 2 and his rank (0) isn't enough to get him in?  More importantly how would the code treat a 0 rank?

Might be more work then it's worth.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
It would be easy code....... But why would you really want that?
Based on player rank the code would not allow anyone above a set rank in.  So call it only the top 500 scores could get in.

That's still not based on skill.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »
I think you're being too literal bruder............... 
That's still not based on skill.

As Mr Spock would say.... When you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, has to be the truth.  The only way for such a wish to work, is to use rankings.  All else..... Impossible, since there is no skill score. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »
I think you're being too literal bruder............... 
As Mr Spock would say.... When you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, has to be the truth.  The only way for such a wish to work, is to use rankings.  All else..... Impossible, since there is no skill score. 

Exactly. It's impossible. There is no way to make the wish "arena for skilled players only" possible. If you get admittance by rank, it's an arena for people interested in ranking & scores.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
How about requiring a formal application to enter.  You would need to complete a skills test, check-ride and peer review.  Your application would take 4-6 weeks to process and then you're either granted admittance, or rejected.  Feel free to fill out a new set of paperwork until you succeed.   :lol
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 01:43:33 PM »
 So call it only the top 500 scores could get in.  
Wow, I can just imagine it now an epic battle of fuel management hovering over field ack. First to run out will be vulched!

Just another arena im not 3L!te enough to get in. :(
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 02:15:06 PM »
I think we are missing the point here!  The Dueling Arena is really suppose to be for two people or small unit duels.  NOT the massive Furball Arena that it is being used as.

Just thought I would point out that tidbit of information!
 :O