Author Topic: Engine sound not coming on consisitantly  (Read 533 times)

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
Engine sound not coming on consisitantly
« on: December 27, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here's the problem...

I installed Ranger's sound pak last year and have really enjoyed having these superlative sounds in the game. Now over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that sometimes I take off in one of my favorite planes, (offline or online, either way) the engine sound on my plane is missing. (sometimes)

I thought it had something to do with Skype, that I had recently installed, but no... taking that off did not do it.

Then I started swapping engine files around to see if that would help, but it is still intermittent, so I have no definite answer yet.  Any suggestions???

Thanks...

Trumpman (aka)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:36:33 PM by jazzman1315 »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Engine sound not coming on consisitantly
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 01:37:52 AM »
The sounds haven't changed so it must be something on your pc end.  Try going into Control Panel->Sound & audio devices, and turning your hardware acceleration down from full to 3/4.  It won't affect the sounds and will take some load off your system.  It sounds like it is a resources issue.  Have you installed any other new programs recently that may have processes running in the background, silently eating up ram?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Well, it still failed after disabling the Skype program that I had installed. But then I discovered that I had been running my computer for at least two weeks without rebooting. My son the computer tech tells me that causes memory "leaks" (?) eventually. Rebooting the system brought everything back to normal.

Thank you for the help, though. See you up.

Trump

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
Would these two favorite planes of yours by a Spit1 and Hurri1 by any chance?
Lighten up Francis

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Nice try but don't think that was it uptown. He seems to have fixed it with rebooting.

I have a slightly different prob. Some of my souinds don't play at all or only on occation.

My troop drop does not play all the time

And my Doors opening sound never plays....wonder why that is. Have tried many diff door sounds i just can't get them to play anymore. I'm sure there are a few others but they've been out so long I can't remember what they are.

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
Outside of uninstalling and reinstalling AH II, I can't think of anything other than the reboot I mentioned.

Could try going back to the stock sounds by removing any enhanced sounds from the sound folder within AHII file. In my case this did NOT fix the problem, and then I got frustrated and powered down. (joila!!)

Sometimes you stumble over the answer. It's been my experience that the cause is the last thing that happened or was done to the computer....(or not done. )

And then there is always instituting a system restore to a time when you know you didn't have the problem.

I'm probably preaching to the choir --  forgive me.

Regards,

Trump

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 01:34:04 PM »
Your still having problems with that????

Ok, try this. Rename Rangers sound folder to SOUNDS_1 and remove the cleaned folder from within it. Restart the game and take a flight, you should hear only the stock sounds. Now download Mitsu's, TwinBoom's or  even Sketchworks which is also a very good one.  http://www.arabian-knights.org/files/Sketchworks2009.zip

Last step is to open up the zip file and drag and drop the sound folder into your HTC folder and take a flight.

Ranger has an excellent sound pack as we all know but it's not perfect. Perfect is when you as an individual are happy with each and every sound. I like messing with my sounds and have mixed and matched quite a few from 3-4 different sound packs along with making my own. If your not happy with Rangers flap, 20mm or gear sound replace it with someone elses.  Just drag and drop from another sound pack and thats it.

GL