Author Topic: pick  (Read 693 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: pick
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 10:31:18 PM »
What is the difference between a BnZ and a Pick? i always thought them the same, but some one confronted me and told me different, and that a pick is when you kill some one who is already chasing someone else. Can someone enlighten me?

Well.  There's This page from the Trainers Site which has a long list of AH radio terms (BnZ has its own page)

For the too lazy to click links crowd...
bnz - Boom and Zoom, a fighter air combat tactic. See "Boom and Zoom". (from the AHWiki common terms page)
cherry (pick) - Attacking an enemy already engaged with another plane
HO - head on. A nose to nose shot. Often frowned on, especially by the loser

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:33:44 PM by Murdr »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »
Im pretty good at picking but it honestly helped me with not getting picked, I think it was a video of Bmathis where he has like 5 P-51s all diving in on him and he just keeps avioding, really helpful video if your trying to learn reverses for those bloody pickers. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 12:31:26 AM »
I laugh, when I kill someone who was going vert, and they call HO because it' was a complete side shot.

I love it when I take someone up for the rope and blast them while they are flopping around at the top and cry HO when they are back in the tower.

Most people think a pick is when someone drops in from a higher alt and kills you. Iv had people say that they didn't pick me because they were co-alt with me when they picked me. It seems noobs throw terms around without knowing what the meaning is.

Just the other day someone was saying I was "picking" because I had altitude and would rope him sending him to the tower every time he tried to shoot at me.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner