Author Topic: Warping  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Warping
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »
so what do you do if you ARE running vista and nortons ?? :cry

Reinstall Vista and toss Norton for Eset Nod32.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hodag

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 09:41:33 PM »
Ok i'll try the res setting, I had already read about the win98/me mode and done that. How do you shut off superfetch and the other vista bkgrnd stuff? What video card would you reccomend and roughly what can I expect to spend? I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Hodag

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 07:46:27 AM »
At the top of the Technical Support Thread there is a sticky about how to set up for vista.  I believe that all the "hows" are in there.

There are a lot of different video cards out there. As a rule of thumb I'd spend at least $100 on one. Less than that and you'll get a card that will work, but my give you trouble when you push it in the game. First find out whether our mother board takes AGP, or PCI express. I'm guessing PCI express because you have vista and the PCI express is the newer technology. Once your sure which "type" of card you need, go to Toms Hareware. They are doing write ups on video cards all the time as well as put up nice charts to compare card to card.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
Careful about a new video card.  Many HP computers cannot be upgraded as they pull the physical slots off the motherboard to save them money.  If it can be upgraded, your next concern will be the power supply.  All OEM's use just enough power supply to power the supplied components.  Adding a higher power device can cause a lot of problems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Matrix

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
will installing the game in another folder, rather than the default "Program Files", work better with XP too?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:48:31 PM by Matrix »