Author Topic: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena  (Read 6899 times)

Offline ISpyWithMyLittleEye

• Zinc Member
Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »
Okay, something needs to be done about the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena.  Unperked, the plane is a extremely unbalancing, just look at last tour.  It was the #1 killer in the Mid-War Arena by a good margin.  No other plane is so dominating, especially in the right hands (more on this later) in Mid-War.  It's come to the point that if I log into the arena and see a couple of certain individuals logged on, I'll just log back off.  No reason I should waste my time trying to up and fight these particular guys because it's impossible, sure they get shot down from time to time but it's always by having to gang them, 1v1 or even 2v1, they are a match for pretty much anything that flies at them.  Get them out of the uber over modeled P-38 they fly and they're just fodder and can't fly, which brings me to my next conclusion.

The P-38J in the Mid-War arena last tour had 4060 kills, the most kills of any fighter.  While looking at those stats, I found something pretty interesting and eye opening.  It seems that the majority of the kills in the P-38J belong to a handful of players and all of them are members of "SAPP", the *cough* self-proclaimed experts in the P-38.  Two of the SAPP players account for a combined 25% of the total kills (one has 12%, the other 13%) and yet both of them only account for 4% of the deaths.  The other SAPP players have similiar stats but if you look at the non-SAPP players, you'll see the opposite in their stats (i.e. their deaths outnumber their kills).  I find it strange that the only ones that are successful and can do those 'impossible' things you see a P-38 do are only flown by those SAPP guys, strange stuff like being able to pick someone off with a single 20mm round in a vertical zoom climb from D1.2 away, out turn planes like Spitfires, Zekes and Hurricanes and any other stuff us non-SAPP flyers can only wish we can do in the P-38J.  Why is it these players can do almost God-like stuff in the P-38 while the rest of us can't, even though we have tons more skill and ability than any of those SAPP guys have?

After doing some more research, I think I found the answer.  It is clear that these players are getting a boost somehow and from the time some of these players have been playing (one of them professes to have been playing and flying the P-38 for almost 15 years, since AW!  Yeah, I call B.S.!) they must have someone above looking after them.  It turns out that there is someone named Pyro who is a long time P-38 fan (from the rumors I've heard, he too use to play AW and was a hard core P-38 driver) and has some ties to HTC.  Then someone sends me a gunsight that all the SAPP players use that was supposedly made for them by someone close to HTC (see below for image of the gunsight) and it is supposedly this gunsight that is the key to their success and uncanny aim.

So, while I ask that the P-38J be perked in the Mid-War arena, I also ask that something be done about those SAPP players that are obviously getting preferential treatment, like this gunsight shows. 

ISpyWithMyLittleEye
PERK THE P-38J!

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:41:21 PM »
 :cry
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:44:21 PM »
Hi AKAK
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
Perk the hurri2c first.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »
Smells Like Trolls in here, smell that? :rofl
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:47:12 PM »
B4Buster tsk tsk
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »
Hi AKAK

Hi Messiah.

Oh, and I agree, perk the P-38J.  As for the gunsight, the OP forgot to mention that all SAPPers also have glass cockpits that give us an unrestricted and unobstructed 360 degree views.

I'd like to know who those SAPP guys that make up 25% of the kills, because they promised me they'd let me vulch their 2nd accounts too, the lying bastiges!

Pyro still knows what a P-38 looks like, let alone how to start one up?

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:01:39 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
I smell a skuzzination on the way...

:D
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:42 PM »
Smells Like Trolls in here, smell that? :rofl
I smell a skuzzination on the way...

:D
Did he just say skuzzy smells like a troll?

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:07:27 PM »
Maby instead of crying on the BBS, you should ask if u could wing with one of the said P38 drivers. If the first thing you think when you get shot down is,"that guy must be cheating", you might as well cancel your subscription now.
     HTC has ways of detecting changes to there code, and even if they were using aim bot (highly unlikely) the simple solution is not to get in front of there guns.  :aok
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:14:20 PM »
that has to be the sadest thing i have seen typed into this forum since i have been playing!!!! and believe me i have typed some pretty sad stuff in here :huh
  a p-38 is the best killer in mid, sounds to me like someone does not understand S.A.
 granted a 38 is high over your projected target, you should use caution, but to say the p-38 is an uber killer is almost as insane as saying the a-20 should have single handily won the war :noid :noid :noid
( something i related to quite some time back)
 think about what you posted, they travel in pairs, they will kill you if you don't do the same!!
 go against a piar of hurri's that work together as well as the sapp guy's and see what happens :aok
 o well it was just for fun that i posted here tonight ,, trying to eat some bbq!!
good luck with all that uber lightning stuff

o and hey batt <<S>>
Flying since tour 71.

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
W

T

F.?

Get it INto your head, budd. The SAPP guys are not freakin' gods. Go fly a Lightning and see how difficult it is. I still can't kill a Spitfire VIII on a regular basis and I fly the Lightning on a regular basis...

As for that gunsight, i use that in ALL my planes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:27:01 PM by SgtPappy »
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
I think your just getting

PWNED
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
Add the F4U-1A to the Mid-war arena. Then you got yourself a (mild) perk ride.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 09:46:10 PM »
gee that looks like the conversation a couple guys had yesterday on 200.these guys in midwar that flys the 38s been flying the plane for over 10 years .me personally i like fighting them. film and learn.i've been flying it for about a month now and still not getting any easier .but i have found it's 1 hellava bomber killer