Author Topic: Training Area Mayhem  (Read 263 times)

Offline SkyKing

• Zinc Member
Training Area Mayhem
« on: November 19, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
With the recent influx of many new pilots to AH, I think its important to note that as in the Main Arena, the Training Arena has seen a marked increase in activity.
For many, a stint in the training arena is the first impression that a new user has to the Aces High community.
Unfortunately, This first impression is often marred by individuals who shoot aircraft before they take off or shortly thereafter, sometimes even from the fieldgun positions. Others who wish to engage in a "free for all" will not call "IN" or "CHK 6" to request from a pilot permision to engage for the purpose of a "training" Duel.
I am aware that this activity has been going on for a period of time and that it will continue in the future, however I am respectfully asking Hitech Creations to consider adding even more, responsible and mature trainers and equiping them with the .eject power so that those whose only purpose in the training arena is to cause mayhem may be removed quickly with as little hastle as possible so that everyone, including the ejected troublemakers, can return again and have a great training experience. I enjoy the great duels that I have almost nightly in the TA and invite other experienced pilots to come and help others with what ever questions or training requirements they may have.
If additional "official" Trainers are needed I would be happy to serve in that capacity.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2001, 03:01:00 PM »
CC that skyking.
I think what we ned is a designated place withing each training arena map where "mayhem" is to be tolerated and excepted.
Perhaps the centermost island on each map could be a free for all.  All other bases for training.

eskimo

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 06:53:00 PM »
>>I think what we ned is a designated place withing each training arena map where "mayhem" is to be tolerated and excepted.<<

I disagree  :) The training arena should just that, a training arena. It is more important now than ever before due to the large numbers of new pilits. If its mayhem folks want, why not go over to the dueling arena to mess around?

Offline oki

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.hillbilly.com
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
.eject would be tooo much power for a human who might be dealing with an annoying player that may or may not know english and may or may not be dyslexic and may or may not be 10 years old. The simple solution is if you don't like whats happeniing at a certain base well be a grown up and change bases. The idea of having some bases (like the initial start bases) set as FFA only bases is a great idea. And as far as chk 6 calls before engaging an unknown player is just stupid since more than half the time you get the call when the guy is glued to your 6 and 800 yds away only. So all in all best solution is just CHANGE BASES !

Offline SkyKing

• Zinc Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Actually, since the RULES of the TA currently say to NOT engage someone without their permission, I would think it better that those who wish to "free for all" change bases (or arenas) since the newer players may not yet know HOW to change to another base. But keep in mind, Free for all is not th biggest problem here. People sitting in field guns and on PT's shooting people down before or just after they takeoff, they are the problem. They usually know what they are doing and ignore pleas to stop since they are getting their kicks out of the trouble they cause.

Offline scooby

• Copper Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
I personally think the Training Arena you shouldnt need a paying subscription to get into, that way ppl who want some help on certain tihngs, who dont have a subscription, and no longer have their 2 weeks, can get help, because it's hard to find any in H2H...i mean it's not like your really doing much in there, just training.
I kno that ppl might use that as a free way to get 300 h2h players fighting, but i'm sure some sort of lock or somehting can be enabled to fix that, or at least make a couple training arenas in the h2h so that us flyers without alot of money can at least get help in a training arena...  :)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
YES!

Make the Training Room free!  Get these "HOW DO I AIM BOMBS" morons out of the Main Arena.  I understand them wanting to play where the action is for their limited 2 weeks.  But, as a paying member, I am tired of a chat buffer polluted with newbies that think its our duty to educate them.  If you wanna volunteer your time and effort on em, meet them in the training room.  But since the Main Arena is a premium service we pay for, I for one, want them out.

Harsh, but what its really come down to.

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2001, 09:12:00 AM »
There is a dueling arena....  :)

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »
If you make the training arena free, then it becomes the new MA.  People won't pay at all if they can get into the training arena.  You will be inviting chaos if you make the training arena free.  They won't do it for good reasons.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
Just noticed this thread.  <S> SkyKing for your efforts.  One evening I decided to pop into the TA since I was expecting to leave shortly and didn't want to disrupt missions in the MA.  I rarely go to the TA, and so I asked if everyone was just FFA or asking first.  Didn't know about using the Check-6 msg as a form of asking/confirming until a couple duels later.  Things were going alright until a couple guys decided to up GV's from the VH at the field everyone was taking off at.  They then attempted to shoot at everyone taking off, and got a few.  They were asked to stop, I even asked them to stop but I got discoed so it probably never reached them.  Got back in and they were still there, so I just upped more carefully (could have come up from another base, but I was able to avoid them after that).  

It was a little annoying.  Eventually most who were up went and spent time killing the two GV's.  I opted to log when I had to leave.  Though I rarely use the TA in the two years I've been here, I think an eject power given to registered trainers or something would help.

mauser

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Training Area Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
The most effective way to stop vulching dweebery is to out-dweeb them.  Had a similar thing in the TA once where two guys upped from the VH in M16s and were shooting at people trying to take off.  When they wouldn't stop I upped in a panzer, killed them and then camped the spawn point.

I must have killed them both about 10 times each, all the while they were crying at me to stop vulching them.  Needless to say they got the message and stopped trying to vulch themselves.  I logged shortly afterwards but I think they got the message.  :)