Author Topic: Tips for GV's  (Read 1436 times)

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
Re: Tips for GV's
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
While driving your tank be in the top gun #3 position and drive that way twist stick to turn and always try to take enemy fire on the front of your tank,even aircraft fire.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 11:31:07 AM »
Some great tips here by some excellent GVers. 
Improve your situational awareness.

On the attack, do not drive directly to what you want to attack. The NME is probably waiting for you to do that and you will get shot.  Go around one way or the other depending on circumstances. Often if you do this you can even surprise the ambusher(s).  Use terrain to mask your movements. Stay on the back side of slopes, hills, trees, even those little bushes.  Traveling in a straight line through open terrain is a sure way to have to up a new tank.

Look at where you want to go and what is between you.  Identify places where the NME is likely to be hiding like treelines.  Scan them on full zoom looking for the NME.  I'll even do that while I am moving. Either through the TC/Pintle position or sometimes through the gunsight if distance is very long.  If tree cover is sparse, look at the crest of hills for turrets sticking up. Look closely! A good GVer will hide everything but a turret behind a hill.

When you have no choice but to travel on open ground, turn every so often.  Make yourself a more difficult and unpredictable target.

Patience, patience, patience

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »
Hitting an enemy in the turret positionwhile moble is a must. This comes with experience. In F2 mode(turret) I have become much better in my hits on an enemy weather they are in front of my of side position. Not a recommended tactic to use but sometimes you are on the move and have a "Hider" shooting at you.
See Rule #6

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »
To elaborate just a tad on DrDeath's post.  While you are moving and shooting if you are need to swing your turret around in a hurry don't forget to use your rudder to move the whole tank at the same time as the turret.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH