Author Topic: Kamakazis....  (Read 892 times)

TheWobble

Kamakazis....
« on: January 25, 2001, 12:19:00 AM »
Post removed because was only getting ignorant responses.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-25-2001).]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Kamakazis....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
"BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AI !"

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
Keep in mind that the bomb they carry is the only thing that will do damage to the CV, the Aircraft itself does nothing to the CV when it hits it, except it does put the driver back in his tower.  

I think they, the user, has a choice on whether or not they care to throw away their sortie, after all, they pay $29.95/month for their account, not you.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
I've killed CV in Jug by divebombing it and pulling up at an altitude which permitted me to escape.. ONCE lol

In reality the survivability of divebomb attacks was higher than it is in AH.  Currently to kill a CV at sea you have very few choices.  Take a torp or 2, very few players hit a ship let alone survive.  Level Bomb, takes waaay tooo long.  Divebomb, ungodly CV defence makes this suicidal.

Hmm seems like the only option with any chance of survival is level bombing from 20k...  NO THANX  (what i am saying here is I can't be bothered to climb to 20k fer a level attack, I'll divebomb it, if i live fair enough, if i die, fair enough)

SKurj

[This message has been edited by SKurj (edited 01-25-2001).]

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2001, 10:19:00 AM »
Awww come on now Skurj....its not that difficult to take out the CV.  Myself and the rest of the 1st AG/Bishlanders did it at least twice the other night in heavy fighters.  All it takes are a few JABO fighters with bombs and its swimming time for all those swabbies.  

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
CC Sling, how many of u survived per mission? At least with 6 of yas, odds are most will survive cuz ack only seems to shoot at 1 at a time.

I've sunk the cv in each method with the exception of Torps, I have no probs goin kamikazee.  I have just only survived one lone attack divebombing where I actually got credit for the CV.  I've sunk CV and died many more times.

My reply was basically saying the odds of lone or even 2 attackers surviving an attack on the CV with any chance of success are real poor unless level bombing.

SKurj

SwampRat

Kamakazis....
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
Make divebombing a CV survivable AT ALL and I won't ever kamikazee again...simple.  Yes, this situation is partly due to my terrible accuracy at divebombing from any real alt at all but still..see above.  CV guns are simply too accurate.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
I think the first time we did it we lost one guy....and the second time we may have lost two (of course one of those was me...damn P-38 and its compression).  The first attack I didnt even get a chance to drop my ord...the CV was gone by the time it was my turn to drop...so I just jettisoned my bombs and turned my little Jug toward home.

TheWobble

Kamakazis....
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
Reply removed because idiots will always be idiots and wasteing knowledge on them is a waste.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-25-2001).]

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
I love the idea of the kamikaze. I've got to try it. I never live thru the torpedo runs anyway. One should be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for there country. I know there are a lot of people in my squad that would love to see me finally get a kill.  

lazs

Kamakazis....
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
Why would anyone want to kill the CV's?
lazs

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:

I think they, the user, has a choice on whether or not they care to throw away their sortie, after all, they pay $29.95/month for their account, not you.

not exactly rip  - you see wobble has never met up with someone who pays for AH because he only plays offline in the free H-H stuff. you have to have a paying account to play in the MA as you know and walter mitty...err i mean wobble didnt get that jump in his allowance yet -  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Kamakazis....
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
I saw hblair, jagdneun, cobra, ts and dingy do a perfect carrier strike dive bombing run in F6F's.

Seems quite doable.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Sandman_SBM

Kamakazis....
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2001, 07:47:00 PM »
Hangtime often organizes CV strike missions. They are usually successful.