Author Topic: Free file hosting  (Read 283 times)

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
Free file hosting
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »
I would like to post a film to be critiqued to assist in the imporvment of my ACM skills, does anyone recomend a site that can host it for me.
It's a 2.89MB ahf file. 

Thanks
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Free file hosting
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »
Thanks!

Other than my gunnery, how'd I do?  Anything I can work on? 
http://www.speedyshare.com/129536432.html
Night5  

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 06:57:07 PM »
If I may, I'd love to give my $0.02...

Once you were low-e, I thought you handled that D40 very well.  Got some great shots in (No idea how that Spitfire didn't fall apart on your first burst there) and had some great defensive maneuvers.

The only thing I have to say about the film, was the very beginning.  This is based upon how you are "supposed" to fly the P-47, which in my book doesn't mean a whole lot, but I thought I'd throw it out there.  That LA was blowing his "E" left and right and all over your windsheild, you had the opportunity to maintain your "E" over him several times if you had looped upwards and then came back down from above.  It would've forced the LA downwards, and you would've been able stay above the other cons in the area.  While it does require a bit of good gunnery to catch a con from above (particularly when they are trying to turn away), it can benefit you later if you get a few good shots off.

That being said, I thought your throttle management was great as well when in the turn fight with the LA.  You read his "E" state and throttled accordingly, which allowed you to stay behind him (except for a brief moment when he was low on your six).

Also let me state that I am by no means a good P-47 pilot (or pilot in general for that matter), so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I'm certain there will be others after me that will correct me if I'm wrong! :)

See ya out there! :salute
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:19:24 AM »
I thought it was some good flying by you of the P47 myself. Only thing i noticed was a bit of nose bounce that need to be worked on. It seemed to me to be that you could have shot up a few more if not for that problem.

Check into stick settings. Maybe even just try and add some damping or something.

In the scaling section you might even just try bringing your first three scaling blocks a little closer together. Messing with this stuff takes time and patience but you'll get it.

:salute

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »
Thanks guys!
Night5