Author Topic: Why are they leaving?  (Read 9527 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Why are they leaving?
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2009, 11:49:59 PM »
2. Announce who killed who as it happens, in semi-realtime, sort of like how WB used to, regardless of whether you live or not.

AH had this for a few years until the population grew and it became too much traffic on the buffer.   I'm still chuckling just thinking about the buffer scrolling when I'd happen to drop a bomb on multiple VH's or pop a couple rockets on a line of planes taking off :)

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2009, 11:58:28 PM »
AH had this for a few years until the population grew and it became too much traffic on the buffer.   I'm still chuckling just thinking about the buffer scrolling when I'd happen to drop a bomb on multiple VH's or pop a couple rockets on a line of planes taking off :)

No, no. You're not reading past the bold line.

The line listing your kills could/should ONLY appear when you land or get killed, not as you kill each and every enemy.

But that chuckle you're thinking of is the cool part. If you manage to kill a whole mess of enemy, the kill line would wrap to the next line, which really is an accomplishment that I think everyone would approve of.

Otherwise, if you "only" kill 7 or 8 guys, it would still all only appear on one line, which is no different than what we've got now. In most cases, the "kill line" would be longer than it is now, but it wouldn't necessarily be more than one line at a time.

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »
One thing I think some don't understand is. Some of us have been doing this for 10-15+ yrs, and some years before me. But my point is, we haven't been flying for 15-20 years non-stop every day, every year. We take breaks...

Speak for yourself.   :)

BTW, if you want to go mess around and shake the rust off let me know.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2009, 12:33:35 AM »

ya mean Like this .... muahahahahaa

yes I remember the ole AH1 1.04 and previous days when we had who killed who posted all the time. we only had 80-120 players usually and it didn't tax the buffer so much.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2009, 12:45:51 AM »
   The past 2 nights have totally sucked for me. DA isnt much of an option, its just another gangfest.

I will say Ive never seen so many Runners,ropers,ack hiding,speed freaks, as I have the past couple of months. The scales have certainly tipped from quality of fight vs staying alive no matter what.

Aces High is now officially a "Flight Sim"..as in flee

~AoM~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2009, 12:49:29 AM »
is that all you do is pop in and put your little snipes on people?

I think your jealous you don't know what was like when there was no HO'n.
Allot of us in this thread do.

Hmm I remember back then... been here for quite some time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2009, 02:03:11 AM »
YES! I have run intto you a total of 3 times 2 times you died and the 3rd you picked me all of the last 5 years.
I would bet that you can ask just about any 1 and find what you say is caca :)

you should get in the arena alittle more  and find out :)

Actually, if you were to look up the tours for the last year, you'll see the victories are in my side of the column.  The last time we fought and I won, you got upset because you couldn't understand how a P-38J was able to out turn you in the deck when you were flying a N1K2.  I then offered a friendly challenge to the DA, which you declined and implied that I was somehow cheating.  After that, I pretty much just considered you just a tool with more mouth than skill.

The majority that speak ill of me, you'll also see are the ones I shoot down the most often and are pretty much considered the 'tards of the game.  So what they say really has no bearing on me.  I am also not the one that posted in a shade account taking a cheap shot at Dan, that just further shows what a tool you are.  Like I said, you were a tool in AW and you're still one here.  Enjoy.

*edit* it was a N1K2, not a P-39.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:11:17 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2009, 02:05:14 AM »
Hmm I remember back then... been here for quite some time.
really you played AW I dont remember you and thats what were talking about!
The HO model in AW <Air Warrior> right Shuffles?

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2009, 02:06:38 AM »
Actually, if you were to look up the tours for the last year, you'll see the victories are in my side of the column.  The last time we fought and I won, you got upset because you couldn't understand how a P-38J was able to out turn you in the deck when you were flying a P-39.  I then offered a friendly challenge to the DA, which you declined and implied that I was somehow cheating.  After that, I pretty much just considered you just a tool with more mouth than skill.

The majority that speak ill of me, you'll also see are the ones I shoot down the most often and are pretty much considered the 'tards of the game.  So what they say really has no bearing on me.  I am also not the one that posted in a shade account taking a cheap shot at Dan, that just further shows what a tool you are.  Like I said, you were a tool in AW and you're still one here.  Enjoy.

ack-ack
N1K2? you have the wrong guy<Sigh> glad you went to all the trouble :)

Toodles,

Fin
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:39:07 AM by FlyinFin »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2009, 02:08:56 AM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2009, 02:10:18 AM »
I liked that little stat sheet you used to be able to pull up in WB that would list the things like your kill streak and stuff like that.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2009, 02:26:25 AM »
Speak for yourself.   :)

BTW, if you want to go mess around and shake the rust off let me know.

That's because you're a true viking.

Anytime you see me up just let me know you're there. I'm always up for a good challenge.

Animl
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »
N1K2? you have the wrong guy<Sigh> glad you went to all the trouble :)

Toodles,

Fin

Looks like AKAK may be telling the truth and the Fin is full of crap.....again.

AKAK vs Finn

Just another classless twit. Another prime example of "Why are they leaving?"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »

You keep talking about Noe missions avoiding a fight, yet you seem to almost deliberatly leave out the plethora of punkstangs etc.that at the 1st sign of an equal fight run for the hills.

One might think you are more than a little biased.

I for one , have almost completely stopped flying in the Lw arenas because of the latter.

So while I can sympathise with your views on Noe missions,( I hate alt/run monkeys as much as you hate Noes) I will add that they are certainly not the only ones using tactics that are probably "annoying" some people to the point of leaving the game.

If I ever have to climb to 20k plus in Ew or Mw to be on an even playing field with people who will just run away at the 1st sign of danger, I too will most likely leave this game entirely.

Oh, I don't enjoy people running, but often if I show them a little tail they'll turn back and take another swipe.  Unfortunately for them I'm now closer to co-e.  :D

I find myself jumping between the MW and AvA often now.  The AvA you have to catch at the right time to get any action as opposed to just finding 4 people milking a base.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »
Looks like AKAK may be telling the truth and the Fin is full of crap.....again.

AKAK vs Finn

Just another classless twit. Another prime example of "Why are they leaving?"
go to tour 106 LW smart guy and check yourself  expanded format show me where i flew a nik within the last 3 years.
U have brown eyes?
BTW next time you want to look me up genius try FlyinFin thats my in game name.

Another 1,

Fin

Nice troll u classless twit :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:35:41 AM by FlyinFin »