Author Topic: Why are they leaving?  (Read 9535 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why are they leaving?
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »
a high rank an a dollar will get ya a cup of coffee.

... and babes too ... don't forget the babes !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
Ive been here a few years now an I just dont get it why so much whining goes on.Your here to have fun and thats it.when you lose the fun maybe it is time to leave.Man if I cried eveytime some 10 yr old killed me that is all I could do.big deal grab another cartoon vehicle an do it again.My  squaddies is what I look forward to.teaming up doing missions or alliance missions.you will not gain anything that relates to real worldsituations.a high rank an a dollar will get ya a cup of coffee.

I don't look at it as "crying", most of us are just sad to see it go and would like to see it come back. You "new guys" that have only played a year or two don't see any difference because thats the way its always been to you. Look at it this way.... we have a decent amusement park here. There are a couple of good rides, the food court hasn't had someone die in awhile and the grease is only a year or so old in the fryers. All in all its a fun place to hang out. Now 5 years ago, picture a brand new 6 Flags ! Just about every ride was a trill a minute, people where pleasant and helpful, the food was fresh it was more fun than you should be able to have with your cloths on !  :D Thats the kind of difference we are talking here.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
  I dont think you can tell anything from rank, except maybe the hit percentage from each stat rank represents. My rank and stats have always been poor, but I generally put up a good fight against most people.

The way I choose to fly, just go into a mass of red and see how long I can last, and try to take as many with me as I can, doesnt make for good stats. However, I get a guy to chase me away from that mass of red, theres a good chance hes gonna die.

Thats why I feel rank has no purpose except for those that dont get anything else out of the game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:27:24 PM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »
  I dont think you can tell anything from rank, except maybe the hit percentage from each stat rank represents. My rank and stats have always been poor, but I generally put up a good fight against most people.

The way I choose to fly, just go into a mass of red and see how long I can last, and try to take as many with me as I can, doesnt make for good stats. However, I get a guy to chase me away from that mass of red, theres a good chance hes gonna die.

Thats why I feel rank has no purpose except for those that dont get anything else out of the game.

I semi play for rank. I'm probably the least gamiest player that does. I don't milk run in buffs. At least I haven't for 2 years. Although I did do an experiment yesterday. I sent those results to your main man Apdrone btw. Now I know you don't play for rank as none of the Nightmares do. But when you see it you will be aghast and yet find it absolutely humorous and shake your heads. Haven't done any jabo runs to the factories either and maybe 2x been to a factory in a gv in the last year. By the time I got there all I had to shoot at was the train. Which I really enjoy shooting at the train for some strange reason. My guess, left over childhood trauma.

Most of my flight time is spent in missions and helping my country and my squad (If I haven't left for the umpteenth time)

PS. Keep the results of that experiment quiet. I explained the reason in the PM I sent Drone.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
Ive been here a few years now an I just dont get it why so much whining goes on.Your here to have fun and thats it.when you lose the fun maybe it is time to leave.Man if I cried eveytime some 10 yr old killed me that is all I could do.big deal grab another cartoon vehicle an do it again.My  squaddies is what I look forward to.teaming up doing missions or alliance missions.you will not gain anything that relates to real worldsituations.a high rank an a dollar will get ya a cup of coffee.

:aok :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
  I dont think you can tell anything from rank, except maybe the hit percentage from each stat rank represents.

I often fly through hangars and bail or auger. I also tend to shoot at trees alot. I think many probably do. So the hit % is a little misleading too. Simply rank means nothing except to new folks who do not know that it can be so easily manipulated. I suggest just play your game and have fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »

Hit percentage can get skewed as well. Lets say someone is flying a p51 and is a reasonably good shot. He could get a pretty high hit percentage fairly easy just by the amount of lead in the air. Then take a single shot bird like a K4. It might only take one 30mm to kill another plane, but if you shoot a average of 5 to 8 rounds to get that 1 hit you could end up with a real crappy hit percentage even if you are a good shot. Reason being there is much less lead in the air so the hits and misses become more drastic as a percentage.

At least that is what I always assumed by looking at that stat.
"strafing"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
Then take a single shot bird like a K4. It might only take one 30mm to kill another plane, but if you shoot a average of 5 to 8 rounds to get that 1 hit you could end up with a real crappy hit percentage even if you are a good shot.

If you need only 5 to 8 rounds for 1 kill, that's FAR from being crappy: 12.5% - 20%. Or 8-12 kills for a full 65 rounds loadout.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:13:56 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
Folks leave for all of the reasons posted because it is what each individual desires this Sim/Game to be within their individual experiences and this is the reason that this Sim/Game is no longer fun to them, as individuals.

The rest of us stay because we seek the "Karma" that those who've left, found... before they found that they were once,us.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
If you need only 5 to 8 rounds for 1 kill, that's FAR from being crappy: 12.5% - 20%. Or 8-12 kills for a full 65 rounds loadout.

Is the score a percentage value from the total ammo load out or rounds shot? I'm assuming it's rounds shot that. If so the missed shots would add up over the course of a tour. The 1 kill per 5 to 8 rounds shot is not a real in game example, just numbers I used for example.

Also even if someone averaged 1 kill for every 5 to 8 shots it doesn't mean they would land 8 or 12 kills.. It means they took their time and set up the right shots. This likely would mean they would likely not land a hell of a lot of kills. You just don't have the fuel load out in that plane to land that many kills if you are taking the time to set up kills to keep a good percentage.

Not unless they vulch, that is.. Which is another crutch that can be used to pad the hit precentage score.

The point I was making, is by flying a plane able to put more lead in the air, you can skew the score by the amount of ammo you are able to shoot. You can get many more hits and over the course of a tour that is going to average out the misses for you.

Meanwhile if you are flying a single shot plane, you simply can not put the same amount of lead in the air, which makes each miss more of an impact over the course of a tour.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:01:01 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »

I don't feel so bad now...thanks Lusche  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »
I often fly through hangars and bail or auger. I also tend to shoot at trees alot. I think many probably do. So the hit % is a little misleading too. Simply rank means nothing except to new folks who do not know that it can be so easily manipulated. I suggest just play your game and have fun.

Ya, to be honest I agree, I was just trying to find something that rank could count towards. Yesterday our dear pal Drdeath..or NurseChapel as he will henceforth be referred to, informed me as we were defending a base, that since he had a better rank, he was a better sim pilot. I asked if he honestly believed that. He said yes. At first I was a little shocked...mainly that I was kind of winging with someone with that mentality, but then after I had time to think about it, I was saddened. What a mess.

~AoM~

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2009, 10:09:16 AM »
            Ya, to be honest I agree, I was just trying to find something that rank could count towards. Yesterday our dear pal Drdeath..or NurseChapel as he will henceforth be referred to, informed me as we were defending a base, that since he had a better rank, he was a better sim pilot. I asked if he honestly believed that. He said yes. At first I was a little shocked...mainly that I was kind of winging with someone with that mentality, but then after I had time to think about it, I was saddened. What a mess.

Depends on who you compare him to. We used to have a hospital here where the worst of the worst psychotic criminals were housed and other assorted, variable, Loons who posed great danger to society. Compared to them Death comes off a star, a regular "June Cleaver" freshly scrubbed and powdered.

Apples and oranges. This guy thought a dog was telling him to go out and shoot people in the face with a .44

And then compared to Death. See my point?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »
nuff said!     well done Animl  ~S~

Absolutely!  Animl always did have a way with getting the proper perspective into words.

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!