Author Topic: Why are they leaving?  (Read 9669 times)

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
Re: Why are they leaving?
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »
  I dont think you can tell anything from rank, except maybe the hit percentage from each stat rank represents. My rank and stats have always been poor, but I generally put up a good fight against most people.

The way I choose to fly, just go into a mass of red and see how long I can last, and try to take as many with me as I can, doesnt make for good stats. However, I get a guy to chase me away from that mass of red, theres a good chance hes gonna die.

Thats why I feel rank has no purpose except for those that dont get anything else out of the game.
+1 here filth <S>
Is there a way we can visually ID someone who is up for a fight? Something like a symbol next to the plane ID when you see a con? That would be an option you could choose to highlight or not, depending on your style of gameplay?
Example, your flying along and then see a pony, next to the plane and distance ID there's a small star or something, that would indicate that your up for a 1v1 or basically looking for a fight etc.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
Everyone should be up for a fight. If not then they are in the wrong game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »
Everyone should be up for a fight. If not then they are in the wrong game.

You said it ! Thats the only problem with this game, too many folks looking for a way to avoid a fight  :(

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
You said it ! Thats the only problem with this game, too many folks looking for a way to avoid a fight  :(

But isn't capturing a base that's lightly defended with a sneak attack fighting?  [/sarcasm]
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

I can't speak for the crowd, but when I think of engaging a bandit, it is not only the considerations of fighting HIM that go through my mind, but whether or not I am likely to down the bandit in a timely manner before my commitment to that particular engagement has made me hopelessly vulnerable to being cornered by superior numbers or saddled by a much superior angles fighter taking advantage of the situation. In situations that just seem odd-like a bandit refusing to engage in what seems to be a similar-aircraft co-E 1v1-you must ask yourself whether they are being extremely timid or have simply been taught over and over that to commit in the MA is often to be saddled, picked, or ganged. Let me say, it might be better, even ideal, if the policy was to let two combatants who were locked in a "duel" go at it to the finish, but it is NOT that way and flying as if it were mostly yields only frustration, at least in my experience.

Which doesn't ever bring up landgrabbery, another subject entirely.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »
landgrabbery

This word made me laugh and makes me think of one of my favorite Venture Bros. lines.

"waylaid by love muffinery"

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
+1 here filth <S>
Is there a way we can visually ID someone who is up for a fight? Something like a symbol next to the plane ID when you see a con? That would be an option you could choose to highlight or not, depending on your style of gameplay?
Example, your flying along and then see a pony, next to the plane and distance ID there's a small star or something, that would indicate that your up for a 1v1 or basically looking for a fight etc.

My issue with one-one is I remember reading WWII history where pilots from both sides would back off while a German or Japanese and American went at it one on one. Everyone just circled watching until they finished so someone else could go one on one. And if you interrupted a one-one the Geneva convention would punish you and your country.

Are you people kidding me? MAs and one-one should not be used in the same sentence. I could have sworn that's what the DA is for. <shrug>

Animl <quietly backs out of room>

Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »
I'll tell you what. I'm in week three of my break and I feel great.

I broke down over the weekend and put 30 mins in the MWA.  Yeah, this is not even funny any more  :lol.  However, the blame is on the players and not the game or the makers of.  I just got bored of the game the way it is.  Nothing really changing for a long time has absolutely nothing to do with me getting bored of it  :aok  And for as long as new people are coming in, no one will care that anyone got bored and left after 5 years.

That being said, I ll probably never cancel the account just in case, lol.  Don;t you see? I am the perfect customer  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »
My issue with one-one is I remember reading WWII history where pilots from both sides would back off while a German or Japanese and American went at it one on one. Everyone just circled watching until they finished so someone else could go one on one. And if you interrupted a one-one the Geneva convention would punish you and your country.

Are you people kidding me? MAs and one-one should not be used in the same sentence. I could have sworn that's what the DA is for. <shrug>

If I'm having a good 1 on 1, winning or loosing, and a friendly starts to come in I'll ask him to stay out.  When my request is ignored thats just plain disrespect.  I don't care that it's the MAs or whatever excuse you want to give; it's annoying and down right rude.

Not to say all will ignore the request.  Hell, some even still ask me if I need any help or if they can join in.  But the numbers of mindless drones looking to end my fights for me so they can have an easy kill annoys the hell out of me.

And besides that, I'm sure in the real war there were tons of flights made up of spitfires, nikis, p51s, and lala's all working together right?  Don't give me that "it's just like in ww2" crap.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
I can't speak for the crowd, but when I think of engaging a bandit, it is not only the considerations of fighting HIM that go through my mind, but whether or not I am likely to down the bandit in a timely manner before my commitment to that particular engagement has made me hopelessly vulnerable to being cornered by superior numbers or saddled by a much superior angles fighter taking advantage of the situation. In situations that just seem odd-like a bandit refusing to engage in what seems to be a similar-aircraft co-E 1v1-you must ask yourself whether they are being extremely timid or have simply been taught over and over that to commit in the MA is often to be saddled, picked, or ganged. Let me say, it might be better, even ideal, if the policy was to let two combatants who were locked in a "duel" go at it to the finish, but it is NOT that way and flying as if it were mostly yields only frustration, at least in my experience.

Which doesn't ever bring up landgrabbery, another subject entirely.

At least your in the fight ! Sure your K/D may be more important, or your squad op mission may be more important, but your still in the fight with those parameters. Mission are great as long as your willing to work for the goal, FIGHT for it ! These guys go out of their way to AVOID the fights, and admit that when one pops up they go someplace else ! Thats not to point of the game.

Animl, this isn't a real war, the same rules don't apply. If I see a guy in a 1 vs 1 I'll ask if he wants help, if he says no, I stay out of it. The other day I asked one guy, and he said no. I was circling over head watching the fight from 3-4k out and noticed he was loosing ( other guy had gotten his 6). I asked again with, "are you sure you don't need help, your suppose to get them in front of you to shoot them". After a laugh he said no and I continued on my way to the front.  Thats the kind of think we use to see all the time, respect the guys wishes even when they are loosing. Its how I would like people to treat me if they happen to fly over. Also, if after fighting one guy for 10 minutes and I'm not doing so good, I'd rather see the guy who beat me get the kill than some cherry picker that came booming through at the end.

Just a little class, Just a little honor........ I know, I know.... "It's just a game!"

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2009, 05:12:29 PM »

The DA is basically furball fishbowl. Most are content in there to go at it in the same style as the MAs. Pick, take turns being the hoard, and run. There are exceptions, but you just gotta be on the right time of night to find them.

If all there was in this game was the P51 (most times I think thats all there is) , Im thinking alot of the population wouldnt like it because the planes were too close in performance, and the options for escape fewer. Anytime you strip away a guys advantages and force him to fight it out, it tells the guy 1 of 2 things. I better learn to run sooner, or I better learn to fight it out to the end. Preferrably the latter.

~AoM~

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »
Are you people kidding me? MAs and one-one should not be used in the same sentence.

We never kid, Animal.  You know that.

I had just a few minutes late this afternoon, so I stopped into the blue late war arena to see how the other half lives and to do some A8 penance time.  I ran into two co-alt P-38s.  One of them engaged me, and the other one stayed out until the first fight was over.  I was very impressed; this was not what I view as typical MA behavior.  I wish I could remember the two pilots' names, but the brain is soggy with age.

I thought, "Hey, this is amazing, you know you can make time for Just One More."  But during our fight someone had porked the fighter hanger at my field. 

That was what I view as typical MA behavior.

Still, it's good to know that there is still honor to be found in the MA.

- oldman

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »
At least your in the fight ! Sure your K/D may be more important, or your squad op mission may be more important, but your still in the fight with those parameters. Mission are great as long as your willing to work for the goal, FIGHT for it ! These guys go out of their way to AVOID the fights, and admit that when one pops up they go someplace else ! Thats not to point of the game.

Animl, this isn't a real war, the same rules don't apply. If I see a guy in a 1 vs 1 I'll ask if he wants help, if he says no, I stay out of it. The other day I asked one guy, and he said no. I was circling over head watching the fight from 3-4k out and noticed he was loosing ( other guy had gotten his 6). I asked again with, "are you sure you don't need help, your suppose to get them in front of you to shoot them". After a laugh he said no and I continued on my way to the front.  Thats the kind of think we use to see all the time, respect the guys wishes even when they are loosing. Its how I would like people to treat me if they happen to fly over. Also, if after fighting one guy for 10 minutes and I'm not doing so good, I'd rather see the guy who beat me get the kill than some cherry picker that came booming through at the end.

Just a little class, Just a little honor........ I know, I know.... "It's just a game!"

Read between the lines. Don't be so literal, there is sarcasm everywhere. :)

I usually ask if they need help or not as well.

It's one thing to respect someone wanting no one else involved, it's another *demanding it* in the MAs as if every fight should be a one-one in a horde. I understand what you're saying, but certain peeps take everything past it's meant limits.

Animl

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2009, 06:50:18 PM »
well, the reason i havent been on in over 6 months, is i personally dont like the direction the game is going, always same maps every day, there almost un-beatable, i want it to be put back to how it used to be, with fighter town and all, and i had been playin this game over 5
years

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
We never kid, Animal.  You know that.

I had just a few minutes late this afternoon, so I stopped into the blue late war arena to see how the other half lives and to do some A8 penance time.  I ran into two co-alt P-38s.  One of them engaged me, and the other one stayed out until the first fight was over.  I was very impressed; this was not what I view as typical MA behavior.  I wish I could remember the two pilots' names, but the brain is soggy with age.

I thought, "Hey, this is amazing, you know you can make time for Just One More."  But during our fight someone had porked the fighter hanger at my field. 

That was what I view as typical MA behavior.

Still, it's good to know that there is still honor to be found in the MA.

- oldman

>We never kid, Animal.  You know that.

<snork!>

I believe in letting one-one's be, the problem I notice is watching guys fly into a horde and whine about being ganged or no one-ones.... that's my point. It's probably not as good as we wished, and probably not as bad as some people preach. It's somewhere in the middle, as usual.

> Still, it's good to know that there is still honor to be found in the MA.

Absolutely. Late at night, after prime time is when you see more of what should be. Next time you're up past say midnight come in the MA, it's not that bad. Actually, the last week or so we've been having a blast, in the late hours. A lot more within reason.

Animl