Author Topic: throttle quadrant issues  (Read 220 times)

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
throttle quadrant issues
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »
ok guys i posted this in help and support to get some ideas and i'm still stuck.
I currently have an x52pro,which I'm happy with and have had no issue with. I decided to add the saitek throttle quadrant to improve acm with twin engine rides. I've set the first two levers (x and y)to rpm, to work with my main throttle. I really want to use the third lever for flaps,but am unable to select the flap option. I used the sst software to get this -

obviously not ideal,as i end up using the lever like some kinda water pump. Is there a better way of doing this?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: throttle quadrant issues
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »
Flaps are not an axis you can map. You've got basically what I've read others did.

Here's what I've read:

Depending on the software you have to turn that axis into a banded slider. It has to have 3 spots, a center which is mapped to nothing, a top which is mapped to "flaps up" and a bottom which is mapped to "flaps down" and basically when you push the lever down it's hitting the Q key repeatedly. You have to shift it back into neutral (middle band) when you have the flap notch you want. Then you have to do the same to retract them: shift it up until you get the notch you want and then slide it back into neutral.

(sounds a lot like what you experience)

That is how others have described their attempts at mapping flaps or trim to certain axis.

IMO, It's FAR FAR easier to just use 2 buttons, one for flaps up, one for flaps down, and I just hit those. I've got a CH throttle quad which has rocker switches, and have one of them as flaps. It rocks up and down so I just mapped that to flaps up and down.