Author Topic: strange problem  (Read 845 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: strange problem
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »
...one last possibility is her laptop has some malicious software on it and when connected to the internet it causes traffic problems, including using all the possible bandwidth.
That's what I was thinking. Some form of software hogging massive amounts of bandwidth. You could try forwarding ports 2000-6000 to your computer's IP Address as Animl suggested, however I'm not certain it will resolve this issue.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
You should run a test..

Put her laptop on and connect to the net, then go and turn yours on. If you cannot connect at all then the laptop is the problem, logicaly. If you can connect after her's is set up and running it would suggest something in the start up of the laptop maybe. If having her laptop on only causes occasionaly discos than it is probably virus or spyware.  Other than that i have no idea, i prefer outside activities and only use my PC for games and pr0.....ductive persuits.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bomber49

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 08:05:19 AM »
Had the same problem at home. usual culprit is an ip address conflict. you have to log in to your router. typical browser address is 192.168.2.1  or 192.168.1.1 and check the ip ranges that are valid. Also check and see what ip addys are being used. You may have to manually assign a different ip address to your computer to avoid conflict in dhcp, as well as port forward the AH2 Application.  it worked for me, running 2 desktops 3 lappies,3 xbox360's and one xbox on belkin router.
You simply cannot win this war without heavy bombers, period. If all the hangers are down...how can they possibly defend it?

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
Why on earth do you have three Xbox 360s? :eek: [/hijack]
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.