Author Topic: Microphone  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Microphone
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »
I disabled all Norton products in my computer, when i tried to talk, same results

1/18/2009 8:26:19 AM: The process 'C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe' (as user hidden\hidden) attempted to start capturing media input from Logitech USB Headset\Mute|Microphone. The input was of type audio. The operation was denied and process terminated.
Are you paying for that Cisco security application and the Norton products? Frankly they both stink and right now should be considered as viruses/malware themselves. Is it possible for you to uninstall the Cisco Security application and all Norton products replacing them with this? It's a much better choice considering it uses less system resources and is much better at defending your system.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 09:07:37 AM »
Um, ok i think this is whats causing it:

The process C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe is attempting to monitor a multi-media device. Do you wish to allow this?

Apparently i accidently denied it.  Is it possible to accept it?  Btw, this message is NOT recent
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 09:28:34 AM »
You have to find where this

The process C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe is attempting to monitor a multi-media device. Do you wish to allow this?

error is coming from. Is it Nortons? Windows? Some other program? Thats where you need to go to "allow" the program to let AH access the multi-media device.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »
WIndows is most likely
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2009, 12:42:19 PM »
take a screen shot and post it next time. If it is windows then it must be in the security settings. Hunt thriugh that section to find a place to allow or disallow programs from accessing media.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »
MY MICROPHONE WROKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »
what was it?

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2009, 03:39:47 PM »
I messed around with the cisco stuff and the audio and sound things, it worked last night, it still works, but when i talk, it only beeps and people dont hear me  :cry
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »
Ok ok, its under control now, its all good, thank you all for helping me to solve this  :rock
Josef Stalin

Mauser