Author Topic: OFFline mission P38vsKI  (Read 627 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
OFFline mission P38vsKI
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »
ok.....since i haven't had too much time online, i've been messing with offline...in specific, the P38J vs KI84(i think it's the 84).

what i find, is that the AI seems to almost always use a verticle scissors of some sort, to take the fight low. i have quite a bit of trouble getting good shots on them, as it seems they turn incredibly tight, and almost always spoil, or only leave me with a ho shot on them. on occasion, i've gotten better shots. quite often, i'm losing to them.
 how exactly should one fight the KI's?

thanks!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: OFFline mission P38vsKI
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »
First of all, do you have an X52 or duel throttles? I have an X52 and use the slider as a second throttle and it works well. I set it as another mode and have it programed on the keybord for diffrent modes. It auto selects itself on take off. and you can change it if you would like.

After that, the best way to fight a KI in a 38 is to E merge him from the start. Only way your going to beat a KI in a 38 is taking his E, and beating him with it. Its kind of hard to beat a KI in a 38 to begin with, and usually dosn't happen. but your going to have to E fight him more than he E fights you.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:47:07 AM »
After that, the best way to fight a KI in a 38 is to E merge him from the start. Only way your going to beat a KI in a 38 is taking his E, and beating him with it. Its kind of hard to beat a KI in a 38 to begin with, and usually dosn't happen. but your going to have to E fight him more than he E fights you.

Again it all boils down to who the pilots are but on average, the Ki-84 isn't all that hard to beat in the P-38. 

You have to keep the fight above 200mph IAS where the P-38 can use its flaps and the Ki-84 can't and you can safely turn with a Ki-84.  It's when the speeds dip below 150mph IAS where the Ki-84 can deploy its flaps that you want to stay away from otherwise you'll be in for a very tough time.

Anyway, that's been my experience in fighting against the Ki-84 and at least it works for me but as with all things in life, YMMV.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
Ki-84 can drop the second stage of flaps at 166mph.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »
Again it all boils down to who the pilots are but on average, the Ki-84 isn't all that hard to beat in the P-38. 

You have to keep the fight above 200mph IAS where the P-38 can use its flaps and the Ki-84 can't and you can safely turn with a Ki-84.  It's when the speeds dip below 150mph IAS where the Ki-84 can deploy its flaps that you want to stay away from otherwise you'll be in for a very tough time.

Anyway, that's been my experience in fighting against the Ki-84 and at least it works for me but as with all things in life, YMMV.

ack-ack

thanks for the insight dude.
but keeping my speed higher, i seem to always have em turning into me. i can't seem to manage a good angle on em, unless i slow down...and then it seems to be only a fleeting moment.

don't forget..this is the AI i'm tsalking about.

how do you fight the KI's?

thanks!!

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »
Ki84 can deploy its first notch of flaps at 168 IAS and its second notch at 155.

At my skill level, my best tactic against a Ki84 is to up something with a tail gun  :(
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 05:11:40 AM »
HAHAHAHA wow....tailgun...i almost pissed my pants reading that!
The Corsair's distinctive sound, which earned it among the Japanese the nick-name of "Whistling Death", partly because of the engine sound, that was caused by the wing-root inlets for engine air.
-in other words American planes kick butt!!!-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
don't forget..this is the AI i'm tsalking about.

how do you fight the KI's?

uhhhh... set them on easy-mode.    :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:25 AM »
The 2nd notch of flaps actually yields a slower turn rate than just one, but your radius will decrease.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »
uhhhh... set them on easy-mode.    :aok

I didn't know there was a way to change that? either way, though, i won't get any good at it, if i were to do that. that's why i ask for advice in here.......

last night, they never kilt me, and in one run, i kilt 2 of them......but the timer still runs out though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"