Author Topic: CV landing  (Read 611 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
CV landing
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
I landed in a F6f this morning with 2 kills and a good landing.

Once my plane stopped.  It started rolling backwards and off the CV end.  That's the first this has happened to me.

Anybody else?
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: CV landing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »
Happens to people sometimes.  Causes are varied.  Some suggest keeping your wheel brakes on, raising your tailhook, making sure your engine is idle, etc.  Sometimes it just happens.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »
To elaborate on the last post there are two causes for this.  First, sometimes after landing if you don't pull your hook up you will get thrown off the back, so I just land without the hook.  Second, when on a CV if you have your flaps down, and are just a tad over idle on your throttle your plane will roll backwards slowly.  This is actually really nice when you overshoot the hotpad and want to get back to it, or if you are taking off with a full fuel/ord load and want as much runway as possible.  So just land without a hook, or pull it up right away, and make sure your throttle closed all the way after landing.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:49:09 AM »
Also if you are using a throttle rather than keyboard commands: Up a plane on a CV and see if you role back any without breaks on. This will tell you if you need to increse the deadband on your throttle controler.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
Keep your tailhook up and make sure that your throttle is at idle. It will go backwords if you have it a little higher above idle, and with the tailhook down, it will roll off the deck.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."