Author Topic: Sticky Clip Board? Better Initial Placement?  (Read 104 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Sticky Clip Board? Better Initial Placement?
« on: November 30, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
Can the clip board be made to "stick" at the same size and location individual people place it, instead of returning to its default size and location?  Would be very helpful in scene management.

Also, could the status info when entering a new control tower be placed to the right so the clip board doesn't block it and force users to immediately have to slide the clip board out of the way?  Thanks.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2001, 09:31:00 PM »
It does stay where you put it, but the entire clip board must be on the screen, also do you know about insert and delete to zoom the map only?

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Yes, I use the insert and delete zoom frequently.  I think the clipboard and entire map system are terrific, but the stickiness I would like to see is when, for example, I make the clipboard a little smaller and place it in the upper right -- but the next time I use it, it is back to its usual size on the left.  

Am I missing a clipboard default size and stick somewhere?

Likewise when I sign on and enter a base, the tower status board is blocked by the clipboard until I slide it away.  These are minor points that just show how spoiled we players are, but if modified they could make situation management even easier.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
Well, duh, forget my previous post, I see what you mean, HT, the clipboard does stick wherever we place it as long as we keep the entire clipboard showing.

My problem was I always moved the clipboard up until only the top of the map was on the screen to get more enlargement beyond the zoom.

Actually, that would be a nice enhancement to allow, but if it's impractical, kindly continue on with all the other continual refinement that keeps Aces High so great.  

Thanks for your prompt response.