Author Topic: Do you like WW I Air Combat?  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: Do you like WW I Air Combat?
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »
This would likely bring me back

Miska aka Vlasov

Grim says he'd buy a new flight controller for this. :)

<S>
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »
New sig says it all.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »
BRING ON THE WWI AIRCRAFT.  CAMELS, FOKKER DR1'S, SPAD XIII'S, SE5a'S, SOPWITH SNIPES, SPAD VII'S, ALBATROS DVa'S, SIEMONS SCHUCKERTS, BRISTOL F2B'S, HABE'S CL2'S, N-17'S , N-24'S, FOKKER D.VII'S (BMW ENGINE), MORAINE BULLETS, AIRCO DH2'S, SOPWITH TRIPLANES..........AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

YOU THINK WWII IS FUN........WWI IS EVEN MORE INTENSE. PLANES RUNNING AROUND AT 100 MPH.......WOOD AND CANVAS.......GOGGLES TO KEEP THE BUGS AND SMOKE OUT OF YOUR EYES. THE RED BARON WITH HIS KILL STREAK OF 80.......A TURN FIGHT THAT LASTS FOR 10 MINUTES......FIGHT SO INTENSE YOUR ARM IS SHAKING !!!!!!!!   CAN YOU HANDLE THAT?

:salute

MAN
O
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2009, 07:37:55 PM »
Wow, this is REALLY bringin' folks out of the woodwork!

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2009, 05:25:46 AM »
Another thing I said at the con was that we had a number of things for various projects that have been sitting in our virtual garage collecting dust.

Dust or Vapor?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2009, 12:30:27 PM »
Bring more World War II aircraft and do more with the present game, by adding new different tanks, carrier, battleships and destroyers task groups, landing craft, and u-boats. Add some dirt runway airfields. Have a English, Germany and Japanese Navy task group also.

Just have a battleship and destroyer task groups.

Turn the edge and get some good additions and do more of a combat simulator.

Stop the hangers popping up after 6 minutes. This is making the game act like an arcade game. 

World War I = slow & boring
Currently not flying

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2009, 01:02:31 PM »
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »
Having read Pyro's post I just can't help wondering why all the additional posts???

Maybe because like me, many folks are looking for a good WWI online game like DoA was before IEN wrecked it?

I know for a fact that there are alot of WWI grogs out there that want a good WWI game and think they would come here for it IF HTC decides to go that route (sounds like they are just looking for some base input tho)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 052088

• Zinc Member
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2009, 02:19:56 PM »
I am in favor of the WWII camp.  Bring on more WWII planes and how about the addition of submarine warfare?  Also what about the addition of gliders with troops?  You could release the gliders out of range of the gv's and attempt to land troops.

DAGO
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:37:06 PM by 052088 »

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2009, 03:21:19 PM »
I would LOVE WW1 birds, provided going that route didnt put the ww2 (current game) on the shelf..   which Im guessing is probably what would happen.

the current game is getting a bit.. very.. tired for me, my schedule is too spastic to reliably make any events so im pretty much stuck in the MA grind...  some old school.. im mean really old school dogfighting would be a real shot in the arm..

and insted of the RV8 hitech could add the wright flyer.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »
BRING ON THE WWI AIRCRAFT.  CAMELS, FOKKER DR1'S, SPAD XIII'S, SE5a'S, SOPWITH SNIPES, SPAD VII'S, ALBATROS DVa'S, SIEMONS SCHUCKERTS, BRISTOL F2B'S, HABE'S CL2'S, N-17'S , N-24'S, FOKKER D.VII'S (BMW ENGINE), MORAINE BULLETS, AIRCO DH2'S, SOPWITH TRIPLANES..........AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

YOU THINK WWII IS FUN........WWI IS EVEN MORE INTENSE. PLANES RUNNING AROUND AT 100 MPH.......WOOD AND CANVAS.......GOGGLES TO KEEP THE BUGS AND SMOKE OUT OF YOUR EYES. THE RED BARON WITH HIS KILL STREAK OF 80.......A TURN FIGHT THAT LASTS FOR 10 MINUTES......FIGHT SO INTENSE YOUR ARM IS SHAKING !!!!!!!!   CAN YOU HANDLE THAT?

:salute

MANO

>
:aok

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:15 AM »
Wow! Airplanes that go 100 mph ,climb 800 fpm, and shoot two deer rifles at a time?

I can just hear the EWA hordes running to the WW-1 arena.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
Actually, I believe the slowness could add to the intensity.  What is done at 200 yards with the WWII set would be done at 50 with WWI planes.

Also, comparing EW and, not so sure. EW ACM is not qualitatively different than LW ACM. Same thing with planes that top out ~50mph slower and a limited plane set. Actually, for all intents and purposes it is the same thing except with mostly HurricaneIIcs. Combat in planes that top out not too far above where WWII planes stall though...that will be qualitatively different. The fact that your computer monitor (not your gunsight, not your windscreen, your *monitor*) is half-filled with whatever you are killing is quite visceral.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."