Author Topic: Fix the clipboard map before...  (Read 200 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Fix the clipboard map before...
« on: December 06, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
I lose my bloody mind,it gives me a headache trying to make out the airfield numbers etc,either put it back the way it was or create a new map which fills the screen at the touch of a key even a transparent map maybe?? but the present one is putting me off playin the game.  :(
Joc

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
Joc, what's the problem with the map?

Use insert / delete to zoom it and the markings become much more readable.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2001, 09:11:00 AM »
The airfield numbers etc are not clear enough,I like the legend buttons etc,good idea,but they need to make the numbers etc more clear,the old 'font' was better,we shouldnt have to zoom in just to make out what an airfield number is!  :) more I think about it,a full screen transparent map would be very nice indeedy  :)
Joc

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
The icons just seem a bit large, so it makes the map more cluttered... I'm not sure if they could realistically be any smaller, so it might just have to be something we need to get used to.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
What I would like to see:

We have the old clipboard map with the OLD icons EXCEPT the new strat icons.

We have the ability to switch maps on the clip board anytime.

Rather than have one map with all the clutter why not make one clipboard map similar to the old one with (bish icon A1 etc.) and then have the ability to pull up a different map that has the field size icons and the altitudes.  The only time I care about altitude is when I'm getting ready to take off anyhow so I can hit the dropdown bar...load the alt map and pick the field.

Sound good?

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
As I had suggested in another thread, an other idea would be to simply modify the current map setup to include the ability to toggle the "details" icons... the legend symbols that is.  With all of them as permanent fixtures, it makes anything else very difficult to read.  Simply adding one more toggle button to be able to turn these off when needed, and for example ONLY have field names toggled, etc., would be very helpful.  Realistically, once I've looked at a particular field's/area's legend symbol to determine its layout, I really don't need those symbols to still be displayed.  Non-programmer that I am, this still seems to be the simplest solution that still takes full advantage of all the new map features.  And to address one of the responses above, all zooming in does for me is make the undecipherable mess bigger, regardless of what color, fonts, etc. might be used.   :)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2001, 03:00:00 PM »
I'd like to see the "Legends" toggle control the display of all "strat" items on the map, including the "map room dots".  Most of the time, I don't care where the Grunt Training Facitlity is, so I would have all that stuff turned off, and just see the airfields.  (I could also use yellow icons and not confuse the dots with the map room.)

This would also make the map a lot less confusing for newbies, who don't know what the strat stuff does anyway.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: popeye ]
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
Actually...

I'd like to see these font sizes settable in the UI dialog.

In order of importance:

map font size, radio font size, Icon font size, roster font size, yadda yadda.

Be nice if I could shrink the clipboard down to 1/2 it's size but configure it to still be usable. Ditto with viewing the full text buffer but in a smaller space.

I run at 1600 x 1200 and it's a shame to waste all those pixels  ;)

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2001, 07:45:00 PM »
I could live with the new maps if the field numbers where in all white (like the old one).  As it is now, you click on names and all you see is a ton of jumbled red stuff.  Takes too much zooming and resizing and fiddling just to get a field number. Friendly fields are ok as they are a nice bright color, but enemy fields...bah...pain in the arse.  And no, don't suggest changing colors because that changes ALL enemy colors (I like the enemy plane icons to be red), just would like WHITE field numbers on map.

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
Add that to the list of font options:

Set color.

~Lemur

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2001, 02:26:00 AM »
aggree 100 % with skernsk