Author Topic: New Scenario Suggestion.....Battle of El Alamein  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: New Scenario Suggestion.....Battle of El Alamein
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »
To run Stalin's again, the terrain update needs to be completed.  Making and updating terrains is a huge job, so it doesn't happen quickly, but there are folks working on it.  I'd love to play in Stalin's Fourth again, too.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
Agreed, was a great one!  +1

Also had some really great videos too!  :) The Terrain was incredible too! I stink in a GV, so M3 dooty was right for me!   :old:   :rofl

I too was on M3 dooty.   :cheers:

I'd love to participate in a rerun of this scenario.  The terrain was definitely a big part of the fun.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
Yucca made this film of Stalin's Fourth Scenario.

Select "save as" option to download.
http://www.lgmfilms.net/AH/Films/STALIN.zip
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »
To me, the biggest issue with our tanks (aside from vulnerability to aircraft, which is a whole multi-tier argument in itself) is the identical sighting systems and the ability to fire out to forever. There are people in this game who can hit a moving tank at 6,000 yards with easily less than ten rounds due to the sight quality and the lack of visual blocks like ground fog or dust clouds. Not only unrealistic, but people being fired upon from that far out don't even know they're being shot at.

Stalin's 4th was different because the terrain was almost entirely flat and FULL of tress and ground clutter. More than once I doddled around a corner in a forest to be looking down the barrel of a Panzer. Though the bridge system could use a bit of reworking (perhaps having to find a slightly-further-away indestructible crossing instead of being forced to fight in LVTs), the ground system in that setup was great.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there were any large bombs in play either, besides on the level bombers. I don't remember if the Hurricanes were allowed to carry the 2x500lb bombs...even if they were, that's a lot less of a threat to a tank group than an A-20. Anti-tank work was down to precise bombing with smaller bombs and gunnery instead of "dump egg somewhere on field, attempt to count number of kills."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:34:45 AM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
Aces High
Wag more, bark less.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
Asparagus.

Offline 4brkfast

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »
The game is lacking a lot of early war gv's and planes for a proper scenario. It sounds like fun tho, I would hope to see a good Stalingrad or southern group scenario. But like el Alamein we lack early yaks, the lagg3 and mig warbirds. And as suggested before the gv fighting is a bit lacking.
"Nuts!" - General Anthony Clement McAuliffe's reply to German demands for surrender during the Battle of Bastogne.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
I'm quite sure the GVs will play a more "enjoyable" role in scenarios once they are updated to the new control system. In addition to this, HTC will be able to crank out more GVs in shorter time; which could mean a better balanced EW/MW/LW setup.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies