Author Topic: Brake gripes / suggestions  (Read 854 times)

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Brake gripes / suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
I agree it's not a huge issue, but having stronger brakes would be very useful in Aces High.  Sometimes you really need to turn on a dime when approaching the refuel pad, especially to avoid the little hut on the corner.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
Yeah, that hut must be made out of dynamite or something.

And those sheep-shaped ladmines are just awful!

J_A_B

Offline CobraEye

• Zinc Member
      • http://N/A
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2001, 03:51:00 PM »
Be careful what you wish for.  If he puts realistic wheel brakes in the game then you will have to deal with dipping the prop in the ground when you get on the brakes on landing.  The brakes will not ONLY affect taxing.  Personally, I like the brakes the way that they are.  The landings are already 'challenging' enough without the added 'hassle' of trying to no nose over on landing.  Just my 2 cents.  

<<SALUTE>>

CobraEye

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2001, 07:00:00 PM »
It used to be like that CobraEye--and I liked it   :)

J_A_B

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2001, 03:17:00 AM »
You'll all hopefully note my use of the word "NITPICK" in the thread starter.

My attitude: Make the keyboard / JS button activated brake work perfectly. Complete anti-lock, no nose overs, etc. (like they are now)

Just make an option for the toes brakes to work like they would in the real world. And yeah, it does add to the sim. I'm one of those dweebs who frequently uses the re-arm pad. Or who wants to taxi-back on the carrier so I can take off my fully loaded hog :P

Is this as high a priority as adding in more planes?

HELL NO.

Where I work I'd classify this as a priority 5 feature ("Nice to have, but only if it's a 3 hour or less job.")

I only mention this because if I don't the probability of it being 'fixed' is 0. Now that I have the probability is some infinitesimal number greater than 0  ;)

~Lemur

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2001, 05:45:00 AM »
Really now    :)

We give out suggestions and he fixes what he thinks needs fixing . Works pretty damned good IMO .

Now Toad , they said the very same thing when reaper asked to have were we landed be the place we spawned out of the next time we hit the spawn button . NO "they" said , takes to much time etc . But HT fixed it , thank you very much . ( I was always uping at the wrong base ( not the one I landed at )in a bomber and getting that damned ditched message because I left the runway with out moving to go to the "right" field )

Would add that the "little" things kept me coming back over and over again when I was having a hard time learning this game . Things that just weren't there on the other sims . U know what I mean ? Lots of these "little" things really add up .

There's lots of stuff I would like but I am enjoying the "ride" , he's taking us on   :)

WTG HT , just keep on sorting the "wheat from the chaff" hehe .

take care all
spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro