Author Topic: <<Visual Problems>><<HELP!!>>  (Read 637 times)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
<<Visual Problems>><<HELP!!>>
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
This happens on my laptop which is a little over a year old. I emailed tech support and after a few emails back and forth all I got was "the game doesn't work well with that grapics card".

I'm ok with computers but not great, I've forgotten the run command to get all my system info up here, if someone could tell me how I'll post it so you know what I'm working with here on this laptop.

so heres the problem, this odd coloring shows up on basically every airplane, some worse than others, but when i zoom in on it, it seems to go away, it sometimes shows up on the terrain and buildings too.

I play through it, but its really annoying and I'd prefer not to see it.

helllllp meee!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: <<Visual Problems>><<HELP!!>>
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
Need to see a DXDIAG output.  It does not matter how old the laptop is.  In many ways a 3 year old laptop actually works better than a brand spanking new one.

If the video chip is SiS or Intel, you are lucky it works at all.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
Start>Run>dxdiag

Save it (Save All Information...) after it finishes loading (Loading bar is located at the bottom-right.) Then open the file you saved copying the first 1/3 (Third) of the file pasting it in a response here.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »
Make sure "hardware vertex processing" is disabled in the game's "Video Settings" and uncheck both optimization options, if they are not checked.

Actually, the "hardware vertext processing" option should not be available for the Intel video chip.

There really is not much that can be done about this.  The Intel video chip is simply not designed to run this type of application.  We make it work the best we can, but the drivers have always been buggy and the hardware is very, very limited as to what it can do.  In laptops, it is even more handicapped.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
Putting Vista on just about any laptop should be a crime anyway.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:16 PM »
Llama and I spent the better part of 8 hours at the CON, this last year, on a brand new laptop getting it to the point where it would run the game smoothly.  It was a nice one too.  Had a 9800M video card in it.

I feel for people today buying laptops with Vista on them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 07:22:38 PM »
well unchecking those made the exterior of the plane look perfect but the terrain turned into mostly blobs of red green and orange, and the interior of the plane got worse. So I guess for now I will keep them checked off.

here are my current settings.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »
My friend has a problem just like that, things are like a bright bright green.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
well unchecking those made the exterior of the plane look perfect but the terrain turned into mostly blobs of red green and orange, and the interior of the plane got worse. So I guess for now I will keep them checked off.

here are my current settings.

(Image removed from quote.)

do NOT preload skins

drop texture size to 512 and try again, you might even want to try 256.

Your graphics card isn't setup to run games with a bunch of graphics so you have to turn that stuff down to try and ease up on the hardware.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 11:57:38 PM »
looks like darth vader is using the force!
See Rule #6

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 06:18:26 AM »
No, no.  Drop the "Maximum Texture Size" to 256.  No higher.  The Intel video chip cannot handle anything higher without problems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »
do NOT preload skins

what does that setting even do?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 01:36:57 PM »
what does that setting even do?

It loads all of the customs skins to the ram so that when you come into contact with a plane the skin is already availible in the ram to display. If you don't preload, then the computer will have to hit the hard drive to find it taking atic longer to display it. Defragging your computer shorttens the time it take for the game to find them also. At this point, I think it was said that it would take over 3 megs of space to preload all of the skins leaving no ram for the OS, or even the game to use.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 09:35:04 PM »
I found what causesing the shade of green and pink.  If you go into the video setting on the AH, and activated the "Hardwear Vertex Processing" it will optimized your terrain and objects.  If i don't have it activated, i don not have the shades of green and pink.

from oakrangers thread, he was having the same problem, I unchecked "Hardwear Vertex Processing" and everything looks perfect, that did the trick

so Hitech people, jot that down for the next person who has this problem

thats for all the replies gang  :aok  it was much appreciated