Author Topic: areas/direction of PC ???  (Read 489 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
areas/direction of PC ???
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:07:36 PM »
I am just wondering if anybody has moved their PC after being in a particular area of the house ( particularly for game play) for some time. Strange question it may seem...however I moved my PC to a totally different area of the house over the weekend. It is now on a different level and I face a different direction. When I logged on I found that I couldn't keep up a fight well, lost some of the little SA I had, my ACM was...well...hmmm not great at all. I'm sure I'll get back to my clumsy mediocre self soon but it made me think about this Feng shui thing and placement of things for a healthy and fruitful life. It could just be that I have different shapes and items in my peripheral vision distracting me though....and it could all be in my head....just thought I'd ask.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: areas/direction of PC ???
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »
And I thought I was the only odd one.

I've changed my game center around about half a dozen times until I found the right spot.  Lighting, distractions off to the side, sounds from the other room, all play a small part in removing the distractions from they game, at least for me.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »
I play on a laptop, switch positions all the time, don't see any difference at all.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 12:24:59 PM »
My setup has always been against the wall basically, a plain wall with nothing behind it. The only things in my view are my joystick, keyboarrd, mouse, speakers and my monitor basically. This keeps me attention on the screen and not at other things.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
in front of big wall mirror in living room so I can watch TV backwards... good thing nothing good comes on tv anymore.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 11:26:09 PM »
what about all the crap after you move your setup- cigarette ash, stubby lids, the odd roach
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
My only distractions are my wife and kids..

I use the mental squelch method as well as the auto answer method... Remember that the squelch is similar to "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you" and the Auto answer is similar to "Oh, You wanted that done now?!".. PLease use these with caution as they can lead to a very restless and cold night on the couch.. :P
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »

I use the mental squelch method as well as the auto answer method... Remember that the squelch is similar to "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you" and the Auto answer is similar to "Oh, You wanted that done now?!".. PLease use these with caution as they can lead to a very restless and cold night on the couch.. :P

benadryl  :t

Offline bull1tt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 11:55:43 PM »

been there got that t-shirt. Although, i use the "I can't hear you I have my headset on" excuse, which results in her just talking.....errr yelling louder  :lol

Offline Surfer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 11:59:49 PM »
If I have my headset on and she try's to 'interact' I just say REAL loud "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

She'll just shake her head and mutter...'never mind'.

Works like a charm.

-Surfer
"If you're not having fun...you're doing something wrong"

Offline bull1tt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 12:10:06 AM »
mine's a tad more persistent with the loudness level.  Of course, that's not all a bad thing. It's great for waking neighbors after we hit the bars  :D ;)

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »
mine wife is asleep right after I get home from work, kid is due in 6 weeks, guess he ll be flying aces high every night with me  :rock

Offline merc17`

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:44 AM »
when youve been married as long as me you learn how and when to place yes ahah and all the others

Offline dashed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 06:42:51 AM »
My setup has always been against the wall basically, a plain wall with nothing behind it. The only things in my view are my joystick, keyboarrd, mouse, speakers and my monitor basically. This keeps me attention on the screen and not at other things.

My only real distraction is the voice in my head saying "Kill the dog next time he says to kill the cat".  I have to question if the cat is out to get the dog, using subliminal suggestions.

Huh?  What?  Why am I in the tower?

Dashe

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »
what about all the crap after you move your setup- cigarette ash, stubby lids, the odd roach

Why do you have roaches?  :huh  Is your game center a breeding ground for vermin?   :eek: Don't you have a housekeeper in three times a week like I do?  :aok  Would you like the number of the service I use; they wear French maid outfits w/o panties for $5.00 more each visit if that helps you decision making process.  :O

Fight Like a Girl