Author Topic: The HO Tard..  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: The HO Tard..
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »
how many more do you want to read and then promote your own film in?  :cry

None  :O

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 04:06:53 PM »
Come off it shuffler, that's a bit too 'elite'...It's a damn TBM. Everybody HOs bombers, especially if they have ord loaded.

Well done Getback, youve added to the list. Acceptable times to HO.

1. in a 3 on 1

2. Vs a bomber

Oh I expected the backlash from folks like shuffler. No problem there. Look at the scenario here though. If I do the turn thing I get 3 cons on my 6 and probably more. It's a TBM, not a mossie or a 110 a TBM. It's possible that the TBM could have done some damage too. Just a second prior to this shot I ducked a HO by an F4F. He got a light ping on me but no damage there either. BTW, as soon as the TBM exploded I did a split S because I figured that was when one of the higher cons would come down and I was right. An AM6 dove on me but since I had E I pulled away but barely.

I posted the screen shot in jest.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
meh...  HOs....  in the arenas, i'll take whatever shot presents itself and i work for a guns solution, but i won't have guns on 1k+ out and joust (if i can help it).

:noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »
It is my opinion, if one is constantly annoyed by HOs it can mean one fails to recognise when a ho is the only option in a furball, and expect too much in thinking those three dweebs ganging one guy wouldnt murder their own grandmothers to not get the assist.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 05:20:30 PM »
Bros before hos, yos.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »
boats n hos boats n hos
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
If you have a vast firepower advantage and not much else going for you, then why not HO? If a 110 bounced by a Spixteen can convince the other flyer to HO, good for him.

It is the situation where HOing is M.A.D.ness and there are other options that annoy me. Alot of people out there depending on the other person trying to do the "right thing" and dodge the HO so they someone can potentially *win* the fight, instead of causing both parties to loose it. Then the love muffines get to talk about "front quarter shots".  :rolleyes:
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »
Yeah, thats where the grey areas creep in. People start abusing consideration or what a ho is, or when they can bend the line to fit their motives. At the end of the day, it would be alot worse if HO were turned off somehow, and you couldnt fall back onto a joust when you really could have done in real life.

This isnt a thread to promote head on attacks of course but it does illustrate how survival can sometiems depend on the quick descision to ho the ho'er back before he kills you. If you hesitate youre going to die and be pissed off abou the way you died.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
With ya man you should always go into battle thinking ..... Ahhhh 15 red planes oh well just more targets  :cool:

He flies just like that....................trust me...and he kills most of whatever he meets. He is just flat out good. 
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
May I add that the TBM adjusted to HO me as well.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »
Ever notice how hard it is to HO bombers?  Maybe it's just me.  Doesn't help any that they do not cooperate by turning straight into your nose as you approach.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 08:33:15 PM »
Ever notice how hard it is to HO bombers?  Maybe it's just me.  Doesn't help any that they do not cooperate by turning straight into your nose as you approach.

wrongway

It is hard, have a film of me hoing a lanc.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Yeah, thats where the grey areas creep in. People start abusing consideration or what a ho is, or when they can bend the line to fit their motives. At the end of the day, it would be alot worse if HO were turned off somehow, and you couldnt fall back onto a joust when you really could have done in real life.

This isnt a thread to promote head on attacks of course but it does illustrate how survival can sometiems depend on the quick descision to ho the ho'er back before he kills you. If you hesitate youre going to die and be pissed off abou the way you died.

Why does HiTech Creations have the HO enabled? Do you ever think about that? Have you ever asked HiTech? The HO seems to be the Samual Colt of Aces High. It's the only equaliser a 2 week newbie has to make them feel good enough about thier own game play in light of hoards, picks, vulches and uber aces to become a paying member. If HiTech ran this game strictly by most of your rules, the game would not attract new membership moslty due to the nose bleed high standards and depressing guantlets of aces they would have to struggle uphill against. You would turn the MA's into super DA's.

The HO is the only factor that randomly removes the sure bet that elite players in the MA will slaughter everyone else.

HiTech Sir, is the HO fair game play in YOUR game?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
no no bustr, youre arguing the same point as me  :O

read it again, i am saying the same thing. It would be terible if HO shots were disabled, and very unrealistic too.

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 08:51:33 PM »
no no bustr, youre arguing the same point as me  :O

read it again, i am saying the same thing. It would be terible if HO shots were disabled, and very unrealistic too.

Maybe so.. but do u think 90% of planes (in WW2) HO'd on 1st pass putting there life at risk just to kill the other person 1st or do yo think they would avoid and kill them with some skill either in a turn, merge or pick.

Dont get me wrong.. i HO.. ive been playing 2 years and ive learn if you dont HO you will die basicly because people will line up on you and just spray there balls off at you.. why not .. its a game they dont actually die.. but yea i HO or even just dodge and turn.. but it always ends up with a kill whilst turning or turning nose on and HOing again.