Author Topic: Seeing through smoke ?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seeing through smoke ?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 03:09:29 PM »
Maybe not film but a screenshot of what you see should work. Offline I can see fairly well through smoke only if I am close to the cloud but otherwise everything beyond the smoke is obscured.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
I'm admitting that i can see through it, and i have been told that I am "gaming the game" just want to level the playing field for ya'll <S>. :rolleyes:

CHALENGE...What part of his don't you understand? It is a problem....Your prob ticked off you cant reproduce the problem. I can see you now spending hours trying to get the advantage... :lol

BELIAL: It always amazes me how one statement or situation can change an Opinion of someone or something. In this case it my Game view of you...THANK YOU for showing character in this game and relieving the truth.  :salute

2BAD: yeah I noticed the same thing...I love using smoke to choke up(no pun intended) the opponents Vid card...Odd i had a guy pop my turret after we both sent at least 4 smokes each between us.

KAM
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:26:55 PM by kamori »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »
Problem? Who just blew a fuse over nothing? Like I said someone is pulling your leg. Why havent you posted film?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline turtle212

• Zinc Member
      • http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/wilm
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
I get this sheets of smoke thing when Im at certain alt in a bomber or when in a GV. Ill try post pisc. Any ideas?
```````turt   BTW its a 3g Win xp cpu w a redeon 9700 vid card w 256meg.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 04:15:56 PM »
How do I put my film into the message LOL i cant figure it out...cant just copy paste it haha

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »
go here http://www.speedyshare.com/ and upload the film. Then copy and paste the address on the message boards.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
http://www.speedyshare.com/327981284.html

that should be it i popped about 6 smoke rounds and could see no problem
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:25:58 PM by Belial »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
cant see through it, but then it sounds like a GPU driver issue so ingame or film wont make any difference. belial any chance could you take a screeny from that film to show how its rendered for you?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »
http://www.speedyshare.com/327981284.html

that should be it i popped about 6 smoke rounds and could see no problem
Take a screen shot.
See Rule #4

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »
I would think Skuzzy could look at my film and see what i saw...he prolly has a way of doing it, i dont know how a screenshot would be any different than film

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:22:30 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 11:51:06 PM »
A screenshot shows us what YOU see but the film viewer shows us how it would look on OUR computers.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 04:48:57 AM »
I always figure people are shooting smoke at me to get a reference point when they re-launch after getting killed.  I've killed people through their own smoke because they don't move from where I was shooting before or I just estimate based on where their rounds are coming from.

I don't doubt there may be a bug but there may be other explanations as well.  I killed someone yesterday on the other side of a mound I couldn't see based on where an IL2 had been strafing.

I love the lucky shots.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:27 PM »
I also admit to see threw smoke. Thats how I kill so many gvers. Pop off alot of smoke so they cant see threw it.
And take them all down. But I dont want them to fix the problem. Thers only about 10 of us that can see threw it.

Its not a big deal.
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »
Oh but, I cant see threw it well if there is a burning hanger, or wirbles shoting. Oh and I can post some pics if you guys really want.
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.