Author Topic: coding planes  (Read 355 times)

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
coding planes
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:55:49 PM »
before is started AH in 2004 I played MS combat flight sim a bit. and there were players that built planes that you could download from sources outside the game. and they would work 'ingame' I believe they called them 1%rs. anyway, with the knowledge some of the skinners and there terrain guys on AH have, is that something possible for AH? Or rather is it possible to code new planes for the AH engine(?) and submit to HiTech? 
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: coding planes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
before is started AH in 2004 I played MS combat flight sim a bit. and there were players that built planes that you could download from sources outside the game. and they would work 'ingame' I believe they called them 1%rs. anyway, with the knowledge some of the skinners and there terrain guys on AH have, is that something possible for AH? Or rather is it possible to code new planes for the AH engine(?) and submit to HiTech? 
I suppose they don't allow this because they try to do it within their team. Knowing that their team is smart enough and does each plane to extreme accuracy. I haven't seen a better sim for flight modeling.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: coding planes
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
No all coding is done in house at HTC. They won't let any of it out to protect it. Skining and map making is just like making a blanket to throw over the the model HTC has coded. Thats why those are allowed to be submitted.