Author Topic: First try  (Read 306 times)

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
First try
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »
Dipping my toes in the water in film making, took me about an hour or so to make it using FRAPS and windows movie maker.  Comments, complaints, suggestions, snide remarks are welcome.  Hope you enjoy.

http://www.speedyshare.com/491486472.html
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Re: First try
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »
OK ill bite :lol

Very good for the first attempt,some of the shots are a bit jerky buts thats useualy down to the pc.
You should try learning the camera shorts set up ,its hard to get used to but you can do some great shots.
Overall its very good,especialy using WMM.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »
I agree with rogerdee. A VERY good first attempt! You nailed the quality, knew what you wanted to put together, and had a good eye for the camera. I do have a few suggestions though to help you improve the, "immersion" factor of your films. First, try experimenting with Pan mode as opposed to Snap mode in the F5 camera. Secondly-as mentioned above-try out the camera shots. You have a very good eye for the camera angles and in which order to display the shots, you could work miracles with the camera shots feature. Thirdly, add sound effects to your film. While this increases the amount of time required to produce a film, it greatly increases the realism of your film.

A very good first attempt. :aok
Please do come back! And make it soon, or I'll find you.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »
WOW...very nice for a first, second or third attempt.   :aok :aok  I'm not a film maker, but I do enjoy watching them and that was a great one to watch.
"Shunter"

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:09:40 PM »
Thanks gents, after I get some more D25 footage, I'll start messing around with another one, maybe about a week or so.
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)