Author Topic: Tuned vox & mega squads  (Read 18617 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Tuned vox & mega squads
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »
Are those hordes that everyone complains about really more than 32 players?  I would suspect more often than not they are fewer.

So, when the hordes are still around, where would your slippery slope end? 24? 16? 8?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »
our 5 man squad will pwn jooo all!!!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
So if they make multi-wing squads disband, will they then stop a nameless crowd of over 32 people from attacking a base?

Most of the absolutely huge missions that I see in this game are "open" missions announced on country channel.

And although this has been stated many many times before, I guess some people need to hear it again, most multi-wing squads hardly ever have more that 15 or 20 guys on at a time and that would include "squad night".

Same guys, same complaints.

You guys are startin to sound like Charlie Browns teacher---blah blah blah blah.

Hiding in a horde--lmfao!!

And I couldn't care less about anyones so called "skills"or lack of them, its a frickin game.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »
If that is true then it is the worst way to do it...there are much cleverer ways such as multiple similar small arenas like air warrior...small maps....no ability to hide under dar....limited vox channels.... etc

Me thinks you are assuming something that is not true.....I think the size of a squadron was made more because of historical reasons and perhaps programming....the griefers use the number a s away to try to remodel the game to their liking...
It's just my opinion, no real evidence for it but my own pov and some hunch from everything I've heard out of htc.  We'll have to agree to disagree, or make a bet out of it (give htc a call or ask em at next con or something).. I don't see any griefer remodeling or any of that stuff. I don't see that it would be much more clever to restrict maps to small size and no dar floor or limited vox channels.  I just see a game that's hinged on friendship.  Not the kind you have with 60 people, the kind you have with your closest friends around a poker game on a long weekend night, etc.

... Murdr posted what's right out of the horse's mouth, so there you have it, disregard my 'hunch'. (hehe, I was right)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:46:36 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 12:51:08 AM »
And I couldn't care less about anyones so called "skills"or lack of them, its a frickin game.
And the point of this game is air combat. You don't have to excel at it, but nevertheless it is the point of the game and dismissing it or ignoring it or even vulgarizing and debasing it isn't gonna "fly".  Nothing stops you or anyone from organizing 32+ task forces; the point is one of the fabrics of the game - friendship. Without this the game goes stale, literally.  Like the difference between two materials that look the same and yet are totaly different at the molecular scale. Graphene and graphite. One is strong and the other is brittle.  Quality over quantity.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »
Are those hordes that everyone complains about really more than 32 players?  I would suspect more often than not they are fewer.

So, when the hordes are still around, where would your slippery slope end? 24? 16? 8?

This is a good question.  As much as Bronk and some others :cry about multi wing squads, just how many of their player roster is online at one time.  Here is an example:POTW, currently 3 wings, 71 active members.  On any night there is at most 15-16 Pigs online at one time.  The record is 24 members at one time set last year.  Is this a horde?  Is this a Mega-Squad ruining the Game Play?  I have a feeling that most of the squads the folks are whining about find themselves to be about the same.  They may have a lot of members, but I doubt all of them are together at any given time.  Non-issue?  Yep.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:07:44 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Fender16

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »
Maybe these "Mega Squads" fly for the social aspect and fun of the game?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
Maybe these "Mega Squads" fly for the social aspect and fun of the game?

I love the dogfighting, the vehicle battles, well heck I love the whole game.  However, the vox time with my buddies is the thing that I enjoy the most! 

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I love the dogfighting, the vehicle battles, well heck I love the whole game.  However, the vox time with my buddies is the thing that I enjoy the most! 

Less talk, more killing   :D

What is this, anyhow?   The Aneheim, Asusa, Cucamunga sewing circle, book review and timing association?     :O
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »
Hey come on Von,

I never said we were not disposing of the enemy while we were yakking.  Speaking of which you never returned my knitting needles dude! :rofl

<Salute>

Way

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »
 :o

BTW  how is it there is a "Winter" park in Florida?

Whomever named that place needs to puff, puff, pass.        :D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
It is simply a snow bird attracting name.  By the way supposed to be in the low 30's by Wednesday here in sunny Florida.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
It is simply a snow bird attracting name.  By the way supposed to be in the low 30's by Wednesday here in sunny Florida.

Cover the oranges               :noid

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »
I'm surprised you have the gull to say that after you've been directly told by HiTech...

You have really become quite the ankle humper....

First of all quote the whole quote not  half the quote...hitech clearly states that guys who just want to dogfight all the time would have ruined the game in the first  half of one of those quotes...

secondly no where does he suggest we stop being a large squad...he did (successfully) ask me to rethink the need for such a large squad given his changes...and we have modified our behaviors...

I ask folks to click on the links and go back to read the thread and other posts that hitech was responding too...this was from 3 years ago when the arena splits first occurred and many of us larger squads were concerned about guys being able to hang out together...might give ya a better perspective...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:07:25 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »
"ankle humper" now the "go to" line when the virtual rug is pulled from under them.

:rofl
See Rule #4