Author Topic: Best movie of the year!  (Read 668 times)

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Best movie of the year!
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
Taken, the best movie i have seen in over two years, it was epic lol, i give it 10 out of 10 stars, it is WORTH THE MONEY, go see it

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Re: Best movie of the year!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »
Wouldn't mind seeing it. Looks real good.

Made the mistake of using my movie theater budget this month on Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Don't do it. Wait till it's on TV with commercials. At least the commercials might keep you entertained.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
 I do want to see this movie it looks good , and Liam Neeson is a great actor . Hope I'm pleasantly suprised by it .
             Nutte :D
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »
I saw it a couple weeks ago, and would also have to say it's one of the best movies I've seen in awhile, Liam Neeson is excellent in it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
really?!

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
Slumdog Millionaire -- Best Movie in many years

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:32 AM »
I saw it once last week (employee screening 2 days before it opened :P) and again saturday. Watched the end again today and it still doesnt get old. Awesome movie.

Slumdog Millionaire does look good, I'll have to watch the rest of it some time this week.

Offline Airborne

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 01:52:28 AM »
2009 Best movie of the year

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen  (Naturally a great movie, the 1st one was the only time Ive ever gone 3 times to a THEATRE.)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine  (<--had a BADDDDD AAAAAAA.... uhm, ARSE trailer.. I predict GREAT things.)

But, Ill be overseas soon, and will miss the May and June release dates of these two..... Maybe I can pick some up on the Afghani-mart, but if not, Ill have to wait 7 months :O just to see them, and thats IF theyre still in theatres, because I DOUBT theyll be on DVD at that time.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 05:45:50 AM »

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 

Plz cod, more Megan Fox.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 07:37:03 AM »
Plz cod, more Megan Fox.

:aok

Word is she's going to be the next Lara Croft.

Oh, and if they're using the Fallen in the new Transformers, that can only mean one thing:

Unicron in Transformers 3.  :rock
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
Taken, the best movie i have seen in over two years, it was epic lol, i give it 10 out of 10 stars, it is WORTH THE MONEY, go see it

-BigBOBCH

Yes, Taken was very good. Even my girlfriend liked it, despite the violence. That means that it definitely scored a few 'kick-azz' points.

I just saw a film called In Bruges. It was hilarious and very, very black. If you like something that deviates from your usual Hollywood chit, do check it out:

Trailer > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jh2Xct8AMo

Think Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson in a film like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. It was the one of the best films I've seen in the last 12 months without a doubt.

In fact, I'm going out to buy it on BR tomorrow.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 08:45:24 AM »
Hahahahahahahaha, man, I just watched a youtube clip of some of the funny parts from 'In Bruges' and can't stop laughing. It really is a killer film.

The clip is titled 'In Bruges (Funny Moments)' but I'm not linking it because there is a chitload of swearing and all that. It's definitely not worksafe and I fear the ban hammer.

Don't watch the clip if you actually want to watch the film (and I do suggest you do, it is very good), it will spoil it for you
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:46:59 AM by Xasthur »
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »
Think Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson in a film like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. It was the one of the best films I've seen in the last 12 months without a doubt.
I actually just saw "Lock stock & two smoking barrels" for the first time last week, I like Guy Ritchie movies, have any of you seen "RockNRolla"?  Another great movie he did.

Also "Slumdog Millionaire" was another great movie, definitely worth the time to watch.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
-BigBOBCH
My father in law said the same thing, and doesn't recommend movies very often.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
Taken gets my vote.