Author Topic: My wish...  (Read 394 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
My wish...
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:05:42 PM »
...get rid of the "30 second posting rule" when going from a thread to PMs
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: My wish...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Best bet if Skuzzy were to do this is get rid of the flood limit for PMs and it should fix the problem.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »
When in a PM conversation and posting in threads at the same time, it gets annoying waiting for 30 seconds to respond.  I'm very impatient
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
When in a PM conversation and posting in threads at the same time, it gets annoying waiting for 30 seconds to respond.  I'm very impatient
Same here. Yesterday I posted in a thread then PM'ed someone right after and got the message.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »
HTC didn't write the forum software.  BUT.... SMF does allow you to change that setting, but there is no reason to do so.

It would be impractical, causing far more work for the HTC team.

That 30 second restraint is there because aside from us, there are thousands of spammers out there writing code for multiple spam postings.  They log in, and then PM 100 members at a time with an advertisment for black market Rolex's. 

Do you run a forum?  I do.  You wouldn't believe how many ways those bums try and break in.  Some of these "silly" rules are here for all of our protection.

And besides...............

A thread with 4 replies should take about 30 seconds to read........ Have a little respect for the people before you. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
HTC didn't write the forum software.  BUT.... SMF does allow you to change that setting, but there is no reason to do so.

It would be impractical, causing far more work for the HTC team.

That 30 second restraint is there because aside from us, there are thousands of spammers out there writing code for multiple spam postings.  They log in, and then PM 100 members at a time with an advertisment for black market Rolex's. 

Do you run a forum?  I do.  You wouldn't believe how many ways those bums try and break in.  Some of these "silly" rules are here for all of our protection.

And besides...............

A thread with 4 replies should take about 30 seconds to read........ Have a little respect for the people before you. 
What software do you run?

FlyKommando.com