Author Topic: The question of all questions  (Read 1246 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: The question of all questions
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
I'm 2 months into my sub. I like the game. Have a long history of flight simming so this is an ok sim all in all. Graphics are outdated. Player base has the normal amount of very vocal whiners. I'll continue to pay and play the game as long as the powers that be continue to invest in enhancing it. New terrain is a good first step to making this a competitive title in the 21st century.

Only eye candy I "need" is that the plane looks like a plane enough so I can tell which way its turning. If your here for "eye candy" your here for the wrong reason! go play COD

To the complaining ol'timers...

With all due respect. Accept or move on. Upgrade your computers for the new content ect. HTC is a business. The goals are to grow the subscriber base. I know of two, two week trials that didn't subscribe simply because they couldn't see spending the $15 on CFS2 level eyecandy.

accept or move on... why? Your driving a corvette with 4 spark plug wires missing. Your happy because it gets you around ok. Us old timers are trying to show you how to put those other 4 sparkplug wires on so you can see what you really have!

Vox 200 is one of the biggest demoralizers in this game. Full of supposidly good sticks just crying on and on adnausum. HO, vultch, runners, gangers, picks. The excuses and acusations never end. Just STFU and play. Advice too fellow n00bs... Don't tune 200 till you have 60 days under your belt and know you like the game dispite 200.

You know who all of the "supposedly good sticks" are? You've been here a couple of months, I doubt you've heard of 10% of them. What you have seen is the top "big mouths" in the game. Your right, 200 shouldn't be taken for anything other than a "soap opera show". Those that are mouthing off on it are the lower end of average in most cases and have to "talk" there way to higher heights.

As for the "top players" in the game, rarely do you see them in the top 100 on the scoreboard. They are here to fight, and have fun. Score, and landing in most cases doesn't even enter their minds.

The core play in this game is solid. Very fun at times and addicting. There are ol'timers out there who drop whatever they are doing atm to help out new guys. Advice, or training ect. They make up for the crybabys.

Meh, seems meaner than intended but there's my $.02

I agree the game is great, and the "core" of the players are to. We do have wayyyy too many bad applies spoiling the bunch. New guys see the bad apples going off and think its acceptable behavior and so mimic them. We must teach the youngins the right way !

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »
Too easy to become discouraged with dweeby gameplay that seems to wish to avoid combat while getting as many wtg's as possible.

Thankfully FSO, Scenario's, and in squad tournaments and squad night keep me interested.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »
Anybody playing this game who knows what Gra and Sha were names for, and fought the turf wars from them, is having more fun than a cat on a Gerbil farm. A1 fights on the Trinity map bring back memories of Twi's back door through the valley. I wish HiTech could put up a 16 color replica map of RR Small Europe one Tuesday. No one could hide from a fight and players would be on the BBS Wedensday begging HiTech to never do that again........ :devil  How did we ever survive back then not being able to hide from fights, funky graphics, dialup induced warp and rubber bullits...... :)  Worse even were the $300-$600 a month phone bills you could run up.

Does anyone remember how to setup your config.sys to get your soundcard and CD-ROM to work on different IRQ and DMA when DOS loads? Or how to tweek your memory to resolve vid card and game memory usage problems? .............. :t  I think many of us had more fun back then because the game exacted such a high price in our tech abilities just to get to the games logon screen, let alone keep everything running.

It's all too easy now. Aces High is like going from computing your range and bullit drop with a mildot reticle to using a scope with an automated lazer sighting computer. We are getting Caviar spoon fed to us at Budwiser prices. Heck yes I'm extatic about this game!  :aok 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.