Author Topic: Police takes advantage of a Drunk Girl  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Police takes advantage of a Drunk Girl
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »
Then no one can be held responsible for getting behind the wheel while intoxicated.

Your ignorance is patetic.

The reason drunk driving is illegal is the same reason why what those officers did was wrong. Drinking impairs your judgement, so people behind the wheel are a danger to themselves and others. They took advantage of a drunk woman. If she wasn't drunk I could agree with you but from the looks of it she was intoxicated so everything that you said is just wrong and ignorant. From the looks of it you think sexual assault and molestion is okay. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to spin things to make the officers look like the victim because they aren't. They're just like criminals that target intoxicated people because they know that they aren't going to be a threat.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 02:19:20 PM »
Your ignorance is patetic.

The reason drunk driving is illegal is the same reason why what those officers did was wrong. Drinking impairs your judgement, so people behind the wheel are a danger to themselves and others. They took advantage of a drunk woman. If she wasn't drunk I could agree with you but from the looks of it she was intoxicated so everything that you said is just wrong and ignorant. From the looks of it you think sexual assault and molestion is okay. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to spin things to make the officers look like the victim because they aren't. They're just like criminals that target intoxicated people because they know that they aren't going to be a threat.

I don't know what "patetic" is but if a woman isn't responsible for allowing a man to grope her because she was intoxicated then that same woman shouldn't be responsible for the decision to drive while intoxicated.  It's so simple you should be able to get Moe and Curley to explain it to you.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »
You're not even worth it. Think whatever foolish idea your child like brain can think of. Your wrong and your just saying the same wrong thing over and over trying to make it sound right. You're a sad example of the human race and I pray that one day you'll realized that sexual assalt is wrong no matter who you are and who you do it to. Have a good life because I'm done trying to explain to stupid people, and yes by "stupid people" I do mean you sluggish.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 02:41:31 PM »
You're not even worth it. Think whatever foolish idea your child like brain can think of. Your wrong and your just saying the same wrong thing over and over trying to make it sound right. You're a sad example of the human race and I pray that one day you'll realized that sexual assalt is wrong no matter who you are and who you do it to. Have a good life because I'm done trying to explain to stupid people, and yes by "stupid people" I do mean you sluggish.

Sexual assault IS wrong, no doubt about that.  I just fail to see where a sexual assault happened in this case - unless the cops drugged her, of course.

:aok

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

No I am not OK with it.  I didnt say their behavior was great, good, or even acceptable but it definatley does not merit officers loosing their career.  This is a lack of common sense/error in judgement, that is all.  I have not heard anything about the girl filing a complaint or even regretting the incedent.  So, even if I or you are not ok with a girlfriend/sister having this done, it is not up to me or you.  If the girl was for it and does not regret it than no harm was done other than unprofessinal behavior.  this does not merit termination. 

OK.  A completely sober woman walks into a police station and flashes the officers.  They take pictures.  She leaves.  This is acceptable behavior on the part of the officers still?

IIRC one guy got fired and it sounded like to me that he wasn't a police officer per se but worked the desk.  One guy resigned, four or five were suspended.  Nothing of the incident came out until the suspensions were over.  The deed was done, the punishments were made and carried out long ago.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »
What the policemen did was wrong period, an on duty officer is there to serve and protect the public, even the public from themselves sometimes, they are not there to serve, participate and protect.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
What the policemen did was wrong period, an on duty officer is there to serve and protect the public, even the public from themselves sometimes, they are not there to serve, participate and protect.

Ha, I see what you did there.  Very clever.   :aok

Offline Airborne

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
You're still accountable to your actions even when intoxicated.

Maybe as men we are accountable, but a woman- not so much. A woman who has so much as one beer, and who wants to "get it on" and advertises it even in verbal format- if you act on it, you can go down for rape. Period.

Its because someone has decided that they are not in full control of their mental faculties with so much as one drink, and cannot therefore, give consent.   

So basically, for a female, being drunk is almost a ticket out of a bad one night stand that she's embarassed about, and a felony charge for the guy.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »

Maybe as men we are accountable, but a woman- not so much. A woman who has so much as one beer, and who wants to "get it on" and advertises it even in verbal format- if you act on it, you can go down for rape. Period.

Its because someone has decided that they are not in full control of their mental faculties with so much as one drink, and cannot therefore, give consent.   

So basically, for a female, being drunk is almost a ticket out of a bad one night stand that she's embarassed about, and a felony charge for the guy.

Theres alot of merit in what you say as a double standard, but the fact remains that an on duty police officer has to remain above all that and act accordingly. 

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 10:41:30 AM »

No I am not OK with it.  I didnt say their behavior was great, good, or even acceptable but it definatley does not merit officers loosing their career.  This is a lack of common sense/error in judgement, that is all.  I have not heard anything about the girl filing a complaint or even regretting the incedent.  So, even if I or you are not ok with a girlfriend/sister having this done, it is not up to me or you.  If the girl was for it and does not regret it than no harm was done other than unprofessinal behavior.  this does not merit termination. 

I agree that this shows a lack of good judgment on the part of the officers. When they display their next lack of good judgment will it be another Oscar Grant dying because of their inability to use common sense? Unprofessional behavior is grounds for termination from more jobs than just as a public servant as a police officer.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
Theres alot of merit in what you say as a double standard, but the fact remains that an on duty police officer has to remain above all that and act accordingly. 

Exactly.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.