Author Topic: Should I Stay or Should I Go?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »
It would be nice to have ya on the Rooks for a while Bald.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
Moot as long as i keep my hooves trimmed and my tail tucked in my pants people hardly notice :rofl

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 03:23:05 PM »
Give it a try Bald, you never know, you may enjoy it more - The Few switch every so often (currently Bish) and every country has welcomed us with open arms, and the fun continues.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 03:25:51 PM »
BE
Dooo eet  man. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »
Switch to whatever side has the fewest players. That's what I do when I go to the MA's.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 03:31:31 PM »
When I flew nit, I used to hate fighting rooks but loved fighting bish.  Rooks like to come in at 20k in their P-51s and generally fly more intelligently than the bish.  Now that I'm flying rook, I don't notice much of a difference whether I'm fighting nits or bish.  I'm yet to find a country where the average pilot gives as many check 6's as I do.

Anyway, go ahead and switch.  After two weeks you won't miss your sheep that much.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 03:32:56 PM »
When I flew nit, I used to hate fighting rooks but loved fighting bish.  Rooks like to come in at 20k in their P-51s and generally fly more intelligently than the bish.  Now that I'm flying rook, I don't notice much of a difference whether I'm fighting nits or bish.  I'm yet to find a country where the average pilot gives as many check 6's as I do.

Anyway, go ahead and switch.  After two weeks you won't miss your sheep that much.
Translated: I'm at 20K now blah blah blah....
 ;) :D
See Rule #4

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »
flown in all three the last couple months, I couldn't tell a difference between the countries.

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »
When I saw the thread title i thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ&feature=related

Enjoy.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »
The grass is always greener, it is not going to matter what county you fly in what matters is who you fly with.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 04:25:32 PM »
I've fought on all three sides and I think nits are the dweebiest, just my opinion though. Bald, I suggest switching, may spice up the game a bit for ya at the same time.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »
I was a "loyal" knight from the time I started several years ago until last spring/summer when my squad at the time started doing tours.  Myself and a couple of other friends from my old squad split off 2 weeks ago and are now rook.  I have never had so much fun.  I have only strapped bombs on a fighter a handful of times and have been furballing my heart out.  No more NOE missions, no more orders, no more people on channel I have never heard of before. Just 5 good friends raising heck.  And another good point is so far I have yet to hear any "little generals" barking orders.  We flew bish the other night to fly with some friends and almost immediately was bombarded with little generals (not saying this is normal for bish).  Each side has its ups and downs.  But if you decide to go rooks then I won't have to worry about you shooting me down.  :noid :aok
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 04:43:13 PM »
The thing about the guy who wants to fly at 20K, is that he can never, ever, kill the guy who wants to fly a 5K without coming down to 5K himself. This coming down will take a minute or so, giving ample warning, unless the high bandit turns himself into a lawndart.

Here's how it really is: The guy flying at 5K does not hate the guy at 20K. What people really hate is running into 9K bandits when they are at 5K, or 12K bandits when they are 8K, or 16K bandits when they are 12K, ....you get my drift here.

Translated: I'm at 20K now blah blah blah....
 ;) :D
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
its the food chain
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)