Author Topic: Does anybody have more information on this?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Does anybody have more information on this?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
But do go to this site.  This guy worked hard to get as much info of FG/BG in WWII and so far i haven't found any real big error. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 02:22:57 AM »
I've e-mailed them few days ago, or more, and showed them the pictures of the plane, they didn't say anything about it, just that in order to get it in-game i must offer them exact info on how many combat/action it saw. I really hope i get some info on this sooner or later, and i am sure i will, since there is a model on the market, i assume it wasn't a plane that saw no action. I may get it very wrong, and in fact this model is on the market because it diff. then most (it's all blacK) and no action to it.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 02:23:35 AM »
What website, you sure you pasted the link  :D

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 02:26:11 AM »
Sorry

http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Aircraft_Profiles.html

Yea, i hope you find more info on that.  She look sexy in black.

Go to NJG, you will find some black 109 and 110 on there. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 02:27:02 AM »
If what you say is 100% accurat with real-life, then "Bf 109 G-6AS “green 5” from 2.Erg. JG 2, Hagenow, Autumn 1944" is useless. The truth is it has no "bumps", May the decal manufacturer got it wrong? and it's in fact a whole other variant? F,G (not g6)?
It's a G6/AS, as listed. The AS variants of the G5, G6, and G14 had a modified engine for high altitude performance. Because of the engine, the whole cowling had to be enlarged, coincidentally where it had to be enlarged for the MG131's. As a result, they don't have the easily noticeable 'bumps', but the engine cowling does, more subtly, expand near the backward section.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 02:36:10 AM »
Thank you oakranger. Yes she is  :D That's why i want her in-game. Motherland, got it, but why can't i find any reference on the internet about this plane? except same pics of the 1:32 model? If i only knew who flew that  :rofl

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:28 AM »
Keep this in mind.  We are fortunate that AH expand the skin package for ppl to make them.  But before you can get it on AH, they want to make sure that skin are accurate to that particular aircraft and accuracies of that skin.  I enjoy seeing all type of skin for any plane and thankful for ppl doing them.  I am trying to do one my self but not as talents as trulkill, Fester or krusty are. 

As far as that web site.  It is the only kind out there that i can find. He has been doing this since 2004 or 05.  It is my understanding that there was somebody that had a better set up and a lot more pics. Supposedly he paid anyone that summit ed and kind of graphic skin work to him.  Well, some ppl screw him over with inaccurate skin.  There are other site you can used as back you, which is better to have more than one reference. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 12:04:44 AM »
Klass, got some good news.  that 109 was once with Ergänzungs-Nachtjagdgruppe 2 in April 1944 before it was re-designated Ergänzungs-Jagdgeschwader 2 in November 1944.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 02:38:56 AM »
Another model.  More info on the plane though.

http://www.ffmc.de/modelle/Frida/BF109G6AS/109G6.html

It's in German.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 08:49:44 AM »
oakranger, wrongway, VERY GOOD JOB! :salute..oh...i'll start reading now....i'll light up a ciggar for that :D, very very good job, well, since this was a real plane in real life, i should get started on the skin, just imagine that all-black 109  :t

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »
    When I've emailed HTC about this plane they said they need proof, or some kind of solid information that this plane saw action. What do they mean by "saw action". Do they reffer to the fact that they won't accept a plane that didn't shot down other plane/planes? or "action"= was used in the war/missions (with or without) taking down any other planes. By the way, do they only accept planes that saw "heavy" action or any kind of plane, even if it saw not so much action. I know I'm not fluent, but you guys understood what i am asking. <S>
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:25:14 AM by Klauss »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »
Not sure, you have to asked them to clarify "saw action".  I hope they will accept it, nothing better then a black 109.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
By "saw action" they mean that it had to have made armed missions looking for the enemy. It doesn't necessarily had to have been in combat. Just was in a squadron and it flew into harms way during the war.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »
   Yes, maybe somebody from HTC answears here. But, until that happens, this is what I've found out so far: This plane "green 5" or "grune 5" by the ENJGr. 1. ,and on 02.11.1944 the name was changed in EJG 2. This change of name didn't alter in any way the squadron's planes/equipment/pilots, so our "green 5" was still there by this date. I personally wasn't able to find a real picture with the plane, nor something close, even a drawing, Just very accurate models of it. I will use the models to continue. This plane "green 5" flew with other Bf 109's G-6/AS and shot down british Mosq. at night.

This first picture shows the model at the airport of Hagenow (south of Berlin) in the winter of 1944/45.

Second picture, "Green 5" in the autumn of 1944, Hagenow.

I found something about this plane in this book/magazine called "Luftwaffe im Focus", it's from the 4th edition of this book/magazine. Unfortunatly it was sold out.

As you can see there are pictures with the real plane. (see the 5th bullet)

I admit i can't find any concludent info that this plane "saw action", but, as you can see, many people build models after it, write it about in books/magazines. All this after more than 60 years. I myself can say that this plane saw at least some action, more than enough than it needs to enter the game as a skin. Maybe somebody can give me a thumbs up/down from HTC staff. If it's a thumbs up, tomorow morning i will start working on it. :D

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:51 AM »
 Thank you for the clarification Larry, then this plane has 99.9% chance of getting in the game. Still need an official response, don't want to work on it and then get a big "no", anyway, good news so far.