Author Topic: Is the KOTH CM's gonna have a January KOTH tourney?  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: Is the KOTH CM's gonna have a January KOTH tourney?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
From what I see, there not going to change their minds. Sled has already made his choice and its going to efect KOTH, the worse way possible. How are the CMs going to figure out who's cheating and who is not? I can practically fly 10K and come flying down and pick everyone to death and there's nothing that can be done, unless one of the players says somthing. I can do anything to break the rules and there would be nothing to stop me, unless either the CM knows or one of the players tell him. I find this to be absolutley ridiculous why we are getting rid of it. Becasue of a few "what if's" comes in. The "what if's" are going to triple now becasue the CMs have no idea whats going on out there.
Sled, I don't know if you have ever gone to KOTH. Maybe you should come out Firday or Saturday this weekend, and you sit in the tower and wait for every match to end before you can up. Then you allow CM eye for one round and you will see the vast diffrence of boring to fun.
AHXRAL has an obvious reason why it has CM eye. KOTH has the exact same reason why its being used. Why not get rid of CMeye in AHXRAL? If your going to get rid of CMeye in the SEA, do it to all of the events, so that no one can complain about that one SE has more rights than the other SE.
This is just realy stupid.

Please keep the topics in this forum to those of KOTH.  The use or non-use of any features in other events are handled individually.

Peanut gallery suggestion:

It's obvious there's some discontent over the rules being placed on KOTH.  The rules came about because of rampant disregard of the spirit of King of the Hill which resulted in some new rules and procedures.  I'd encourage the community to more to take self policing into their own hands.  If you win a round of KOTH that's quite an accomplishment with the roster of talented fighters who attend.  If you win a round because you used some kind of advantage beyond your flying ability to do so you've just tainted something special.  If you're going to use unfair advantages and outright cheating by knowingly breaking the rules why are you even competing?   I feel for the guys running KOTH because of their situation and the limited scope of what they really can do when it comes to enforcing some of the rules to keep the event fair.  If the participants are going to use outside voice communications and misuse the CM Eye Mode where the honor system has been compromised.  It hasn't just been compromised by one bad apple, but by at least two people using them.  If it's known such practices are in use but with no ability to prove it there are not many options.  The most obvious:

-Take away the tools that while enjoyed by others aid the cheaters in order to prevent rule breaking.

Beyond that it's going to depend on the players doing a better job of self policing and restoring the honor system with KOTH.  If you're going to cheat...you're a jerk.  You're the problem.  You're the reason for the new rules which you are complaining about and you're the reason that the other participants are made to suffer.  Hope you feel better!  Root out the guys who are being jerks or cheats and you'll have a better event.

[/peanut gallery]

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »
There is only one problem.  Squeak.  Make KOTH 18 and over.  Problem solved.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »

:furious

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »

No comment.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »

Just put this out of your head guys. We are not going to do that, and HTC would not allow it.

AH is an all ages show.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:30:48 AM by Skuzzy »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 11:32:52 AM »
Bosco, if you ever have a job or are in the service, try telling your boss or CO they have no say in what you do.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:33:15 AM by Skuzzy »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.