Author Topic: Help me with my Ride alongs!  (Read 182 times)

CorkScru

Help me with my Ride alongs!
« on: February 22, 2000, 11:34:00 PM »
As a new pilot to AH, and having never flown an ACTUAL sim (CFS pilot here), I am the first one to admit I need lots of help and assistance with tactical strategy in dogfights.  The added realism of AH and games like it demand high priority be put on tactical advantage, realistic manuevers and situational awareness instead of just arcade type manuvers.  Having said that, I often join the good pilots to watch how they fly in actual combat.  My problem is this:

I cannot hear the stall horn, see the bullet tracers or hear the engine.  Also, at times I have noticed that the airspeed gague does not work in "ride along" mode.  For me to really be able to learn from this, I think it is important that the ride along give me all the input that the actual fight gives.  This may have already been covered, if so, I apologize for repeating.  I just think it would severely cut down on my learning curve.

------------------

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2000, 02:34:00 AM »
I tell ppl who want to fly in my AC to make films,tis best way.

CorkScru

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2000, 02:48:00 AM »
I don't know how to make films.  And, I have found it very very beneficial to ride and discuss on roger wilco what is being done and why.  That seems to work great for me...I ask alot of questions.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2000, 03:11:00 AM »
To film just press alt r simultaneously and you should begin recording,use the same keys to stop recording. Or in setup you can map the key combination of your choice for the film recorder functions.  

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by weazel (edited 02-23-2000).]